Trouble fitting blinds on uPVC French Doors

Pique318

Hi All,

I want to get venetian blinds for a pair of uPVC French Doors. They have vents protruding along the inside of the door at the top, above the glass.
To get normal venetian blinds fitted to te door, we were told that the vent would have to be removed, blocked up with 'something' and the blind fitted over it. This would then entail drilling into the door. I have 2 problems with this. 1) The vent is gone (not that we use it much, but still), and 2) the drilling of the door doesn't really appeal to me, but maybe that's normal practise. Is it OK to even do this ?
We can also get 'fitted' venetians (aluminium only rather than the wood which we want) which basically clip into the sides of the glass around the edges, but these are an astronomical price. (approx €370 for 2 blinds measuring approx 55cm(w) X 200cm(h))

Has anyone here had experience with something like this before, and if so, how was it overcome?

Thanks,
PK.

These 'trickle vents' are a key part of compliance with building regulations in relation to ventilation. Do not remove or block them.

There is no issue with drilling and fixing blinds directly to the door. This is the only way you can do this and not impede the function of the door.

Back