Trip to Manchester and Old Trafford

DreamingOf

Hi All, I hope you can you help and suggest a few tips / suggestions...

I am looking to taking my son (10) to a Manchester United match in December. His (and mine) first (and probably only) time.

I'm looking mainly through the Travel Agents as not confident of getting tickets myself! Firstly any thoughts on going through Travel agents? [They generally seem to be similar in price....]

Any Hotel recommendations? Should I look at City Centre or make sure closer to Old Trafford? i.e. is Old Trafford 'easy' enough to get to by bus/train from city out or is the city centre even worth a walk around...

Is there any tips anyone would suggest to make this a memorable trip?

I'm hoping for it to be a surprise and imagine it will be our only time going so would love to make it as special as can... I know he would love to meet a player - I assume thats never going to happen! Any thoughts on what chance to have a players to sign a program after the match - and if so how / where would be best to go? Car park (any clue as to where the Players car park is?) How long to wait.. etc.?

Perhaps some people here have been to Old Trafford before and know lots more of it than I do so appreciate any tips and suggestions. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi. For tickets themselves I've used livefootballtickets a few times. You pay a premium but any time I've used tickets have come through fine. Personally, I love the mid week european knock out games. Great atmosphere/build up in the the city on matchday. Manchester is very easy to get around. Can get trams in and out of the city to old trafford no problem. Other than game day united pubs there's not much by the stadium. I prefer to stay in the city centre and get a tram out although this does make it more of a pain to get back with the crowds afterwards. There are a few options within walking distance of the stadium. Premier inn is very handy for this if that's what you're after. I've never used travel agents. Whenever I look tickets always seem to be in the quadrants which puts me off. Best of luck with the trip.

Sign up for membership on their website and you will get access to tickets. Could be cup games but still worth it for the trip over. I'd stay in the city if you are going to be there for longer than just the match.

Have often gotten sorted here: https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=41090. Although the tickets may not be around for a few weeks. You'll generally pay cost price as not doing so is against the rules on toutless

Back