Travel options from Dublin to Cork city for a 9am meeting.

STEINER

I want to attend a day long course in Cork city this Thursday. It starts at 9am. I don't drive and I am trying to avoid an overnight stay the night before. I looked online re flights, trains, buses and came up short. There doesn't seem to be a red eye bus/train during the early hours from Dublin to Cork, unless I missed it? Its not the end of the world if I stay over, but If someone knows of an early service down there, let me know please.

Here's a real Red-eye: Aircoach Departs Westmoreland Street 1.00am, arrives Cork Patricks Quay 4.00am ( 3 hours sleep on coach, 3 hours in Hotel Lobby, €5 to porter for an 8am shower, breakfast in Nash 19....not bad!!

Here's a real Red-eye: Aircoach Departs Westmoreland Street 1.00am, arrives Cork Patricks Quay 4.00am ( 3 hours sleep on coach, 3 hours in Hotel Lobby, €5 to porter for an 8am shower, breakfast in Nash 19....not bad!!

Well, I will consider that, but without the shower!

I think you'd be crazy to do that, the course would be wasted on you. Better to be refreshed, can you not stay in a hostel if a hotel is too expensive. Or a B&B. Try getthere.ie for other travel options, I note that there are some people that car share on there.

I want to attend a day long course in Cork city this Thursday. It starts at 9am. I don't drive and I am trying to avoid an overnight stay the night before. I looked online re flights, trains, buses and came up short. There doesn't seem to be a red eye bus/train during the early hours from Dublin to Cork, unless I missed it? Its not the end of the world if I stay over, but If someone knows of an early service down there, let me know please.

I have to say that your post took me by surprise. I thought you must be mistaken but I can't find an option for you. It's crazy. I can make 9am meetings in London without staying over the night before!

I think you'd be crazy to do that, the course would be wasted on you. Better to be refreshed, can you not stay in a hostel if a hotel is too expensive. Or a B&B. Try getthere.ie for other travel options, I note that there are some people that car share on there.

Hear, hear.

Amazing, found the same, bus at 1am then a train at 7 leaving you in Cork for 9:35 - not good but not 100% surprising.

You could try this though...
[broken link removed]

Thanks for the replies. I am awaiting the carshare reply, but if not a b & b will suffice.

Back