Travel insurance to suit over 70 & duration of 60 days

E cork

Hi, Travelling to the US in the Autumn & currently have multitrip insurance which is valid for 30 days & expires in November. My problem is we will be in the US for approx 60 days & when I called Laya travel ( we also have our health ins with Laya) they said I couldn't extend my travel ins & neither could I take out another policy for the remaining 30 days as your travel has to start and end in your country of origin.
I have searched some sites on line to purchase new policy but quotes are over €440.
We are aged 68 & 74.
Any advice would be welcome.

Bought a travel insurance policy for my mother (70+) travelling to Australia for 5 weeks with AA. It was less than €100 and included a loading for a pre existing condition.

I am under 70, but have multiple serious conditions and use a powered wheelchair, so I found it impossible to get Travel Insurance through the usual channels.

Found out about this company in the UK. I have used them several times since inc. a trip to Las Vegas last year, and have always been more than satisfied.

[broken link removed]

If you send them an email requesting a call, they'll even ring you. Saves the cost of a call to the UK.

Hope this is of help.

Darth

I will check out both those company's. Many thanks to you both for such prompt replies.

I used AA for my mam aged 68 and my grandmother aged 90! Going to Australia 90 days. It was about 100 for mam but much more for my nana...400 or so. Used Halligans Insurance for my dad aged 79 to america

Hi, Travelling to the US in the Autumn & currently have multitrip insurance which is valid for 30 days & expires in November. My problem is we will be in the US for approx 60 days & when I called Laya travel ( we also have our health ins with Laya) they said I couldn't extend my travel ins & neither could I take out another policy for the remaining 30 days as your travel has to start and end in your country of origin.
I have searched some sites on line to purchase new policy but quotes are over €440.
We are aged 68 & 74.
Any advice would be welcome.

AA are coming in at €460 & allcleartravel have the cover I want but are more expensive. Hubby has had Coronary Angioplasty several years ago and is on medication, but has had no recent problems, but, there is a loading because of this. Looks like our days of cheap travel insurance have gone!
Going to take Darths advice and request a call from allcleartravel. Will update you.

Yes E Cork, having significant disabilities/serious illness/pre-existing conditions is an expensive business, but because of those reasons, good travel insurance is far more important for us. Sad but true.

I had a six day trip to Vegas last year, and my insurance wasn't far off three hunderd euro!. Horrendous i know, but you just can't buy peace of mind!. Had a ten day trip to Paphos, Cyprus earlier this year, and my insurance was a hundred and twenty euro.

Best of luck!... At least AllClear phoning you will save you the cost of the phone call!.

Darth.

Back