Other Travel Insurance for EU citizen who has not been resident in Ireland for 6 months

gunnerfitzy

Hi all,

My gf and I are traveling abroad over Christmas and we are looking to purchase travel insurance. She is Bulgarian and has been living in Ireland since July of this year. All insurance companies I have looked at require the insured to be resident in Ireland for at least 6 months.

Does anyone know of any company that does not have this requirement?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I just noticed that I should have posted this in the Travel forum. Mods please move as appropriate.

I don't know whether this will be deleted or moved, but you might get to read it before it is :eek::

It looks as if [broken link removed]cover people who have lived here for at least 3 months before the date of cover is applied for, though you'd need to double check this with them.

Residency
Q - What do you mean by the term Irish resident?
A - Someone who has been living in Ireland (not Northern Ireland) for at least 3 months prior to the date cover is applied for.
Q - I am Irish but my partner does not have Irish citizenship, can we purchase a policy to cover us as a couple?
A - Yes, provided you are both resident in Ireland and your partner is your spouse or a person of either sex with whom you have been living for at least three months as though they were your spouse.

Back