travel addicts?

tomthumb

are we travelling too much I wonder? Ten years ago all we could afford was one week at pontins in wales by ferry! In the last year 3 times to France, edinburgh, prague shortly and hopefully krakow before the end of year. Must put it down to the cheap flights - I can't resist a .3c plus tax flight when faced with it! God I think I am becoming a traveladdict! Anyone else find the same?

"Anyone else find the same?"

No! Hate travelling. Strange then that I land up as moderator of travel forum ;)

What you need to put you off is Fear of flying If only could master the 'beam me up Scottie' option it might be more interesting.

BTW "one week in Wales (Alton Towers) by ferry!" sounds great and better still

Tomthumb

There is no such thing as travelling too much, I think it is great to have the opportunity and cash flow to be able to go . With the increase in oil and petrol prices I presume the cost of flying will get more expensive but I saw in todays paper that aerlingus have a sale on with flights to England costing 1 euro.

I am planning to go to North Wales in September to explore the Narrow Gauge Railways and like Sueellen(is that spelt right) my friend will not fly and we take the car on the ferry, has anybody any advice on the itinerary or how many days we will need to stay?

tomthumb. I have to agree with you on this one. This year I bagged flights to Paris for less than €20, to Dubrovnik for €9, to Malaga for €20. Last year I got Amsterdam and Brussels for similar prices. I am already researching Krakow, Bratislava as well as the other Aer Lingus and Ryanair destinations for Christmas markets and spring 2006. I have accumulated a handful of web sites that offer hotels at discounted rates and regularly compare prices on these, its amazing how the room prices can vary on each web site. However I now find that I am getting mean when it comes to paying any more than €20 for a flight or €80 for a double room with breakfast. The reason being is that I have been able to do this in the past so easily that these prices are now the norm.
I have also earmarked various "weather" and "currency conversion" websites and have started keeping the "city breaks" page that the Irish Independent produces each Saturday. I am also the person often seen getting a free read from the travel books in Waterstones on a Sunday. The Holidays and Travel section of Askaboutmoney is one of my favourites, thanks Sueellen.
Despite suffering from fairly severe claustrophobia that causes panic attacks on planes and will never get me in a lift I still intend to travel as much as I possibly can.
Travel junkie and travel research junkie? I would say so....

Good to know I am not the only one trawling the sites for bargains!! I only realised yesterday when I booked a .3c plus taxes flight to Edinburgh how like the sales it was. Never even thought about it - just clicked and purchased!! Cheap flight - must go!! A few weeks later we are going to Prague (again cheapy flight) so we really didn't need a break so close but at those prices, and being very nervous at take off and landing, I'm off!! We enjoyed really great holidays at Pontins back then cos the kids were younger and the simpler things like holiday camps were wonderful to us all. Also the ould punt was good value then against sterling. I hope the cheap flights endure and we can all continue our world explorations!

alton towers was great when i was a kid, i was also barred from toysrus the big toy stores in the uk by my parents, i could never choose!

i remember the last thing i got was a chuck norris set complete with false plastic muscles!

Back