Transferring shares to degiro

FintanJ

I have Irish shares that I am looking to transfer to my DEGIRO account. My Irish broker has said the shares are held in crest and DEGIRO will not accept them in this form.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Other than selling the shares with existing broker and then buying with DEGIRO, is there any alternative?

Shares held in crest are held electronically.
That's the only way Degiro accept shares.
I transferred CRH and BMW into Degiro, no problem.

I closed an account with Saxo and tried transferring all my shares to IBKR.
IBKR accepted all my shares except for CRH and BMW.
Degiro accepted these and were faster than IBKR.

You just need to fill in the downloadable Degiro share transfer form and email it back to them. They then contact your broker and arrange the transfer.

Shares held in crest are held electronically.
That's the only way Degiro accept shares.
I transferred CRH and BMW into Degiro, no problem.

I closed an account with Saxo and tried transferring all my shares to IBKR.
IBKR accepted all my shares except for CRH and BMW.
Degiro accepted these and were faster than IBKR.

You just need to fill in the downloadable Degiro share transfer form and email it back to them. They then contact your broker and arrange the transfer.
Hi S class . I did all this . DEGIRO said could not not accept due to the following:
Unfortunately, due to limitations on the counterparty's side, we were unable to process the portfolio transfer request.

When I contacted Irish broker , they said DEGIRO could not accept crest shares. DEGIRO have not confirmed this was the reason.

Do degiro not charge a fee for accepting shares in, also does the other broker charge a fee to transfer shares out, I thought that's how they operated?

Is the Irish brokers sell fee to high ?

You could try a transfer to a different low cost broker. IBKR, Revolut, Trade Republic....

I have an account with IBKR but they previously would not accept the shares. I don’t want to open another account.

Sell fees not too bad was just trying to avoid. It is not just sell and buy fees. Risk of price movement between selling and buying.

Hi, Similar issue. Have shares with Goodbody ( CRH and BOI) and trying to transfer but neither Trade Republic or Degiro accept transfers via DRS.

Im leaving Goodbody due to maintaince fee. Has anyone suggestions for transfer out of GB to minimal charges.

Thanks

Back