Transfering photos from my phone...

Petit

I want to upgrade my phone which is a motorola V525 but I have a lot of photos on it that I don't want to lose. Is there a way to transfer these photos onto my laptop without sending them via e-mail... My husband had a sagem and when he upgraded his phone, he lost all the photo's when he put his sim card into his new phone... Normally I wouldn't mind but they are first pics of my son!! Thanks.

you could buy a card reader and transfer them using the card reader to your pc

what network are you with? Im with vodafone and as far as i can remember i can send pics from my phone to my photo album on vodafone website for free. look into that.

Is it (the phone) Bluetooth enabled? If so, buy a Bluetooth dongle (like this one), and transfer via Bluetooth. Works a treat for me.

You could also try infrared (not as reliable IMHO) or a data transfer cable (more expensive).

Thanks a million for your replies. I'm just thrilled that I can transfer these pictures. I am very techno illiterate and can just about turn on the computer!! I'm with Vodafone so I''ll look into that idea Bosshog, thanks. Also my phone is blue tooth enabled ccovich but I wouldn't know where to start!!! Thanks for the ideas, will look into them. cheers

Send them to your picture album by MMS its free to send the number is 0879421000, then you just log on to your Vodafone A/C and all your pic's should be there a little time consuming if you have quite a few photo's but better than loosing them I guess
You can also have them printed at most photo printing stations that are blue tooth enabled
Good Luck,

I just have a usb cable that plugs into my phone and connects to my PC,I then see it as an external device and just drag and drop pictures.

I just have a usb cable that plugs into my phone and connects to my PC,I then see it as an external device and just drag and drop pictures.

Generally more expensive than a Bluetooth dongle (which can be used with other devices). Any of those (unbranded) USB cables I have purchased (cheaply) on E-bay have been crap.

Generally more expensive than a Bluetooth dongle (which can be used with other devices). Any of those (unbranded) USB cables I have purchased (cheaply) on E-bay have been crap.

Having used all the methods suggested here, I would go with the USB cable first and the card reader second as it is 100% reliable. You can get software which detects new images on the card and only takes those images - I uses the Zoom Browser Ex Utility which came with my Canon phone - I use this to take images of my Canon SD card and also my Nokia RS-MMC card. The Nokia PC Suite has the same functionality.

If you have neither a cable nor a card reader I would buy the card reader first.

I find the USB cable for the Nokia mysteriously fails to work sometimes, requiring a reboot which is inconvenient. Similarly, Bluetooth works most of the time, but when it stops working, is a pain to get working again.

With a card reader, you can't go wrong, provided you always Stop (or at least Eject) the USB Drives etc. properly when you have finished.

Only downside is that as the cards get smaller and smaller - MicroSD for example - they aren't really intended to be taken out of the phone and reinserted all that often. Still, if you are taking images off every week or two, and handle the card carefully, this should not be a problem.

Leaving images on the phone or digital camera for months is asking for trouble anyway - you're risking losing them all if you have a problem or lose the camera or phone, for example.

Back