Transfer of Equity, now may have issue with payments

dubinamerica

Hi, I got divorced over a year ago and as part of the settlement I bought my ex-husband out of the family home so that myself and children could have some stability. I was in a permanent position at the time and sent all the paperwork off to KBC bank. They misplaced the paperwork and we need to re-send everything back. I have since moved jobs and have just been told that I will not be getting kept on due to cash flow issues. What are my options? My ex-husbands name is still on both the deeds and mortgage but the court settlement gives me the home and him the money (which has been paid out). How should I approach this with the lender? My ex is unwilling to ask them to go interest only and refusing to sign anything. What are my options? What should my priority be? Should I contact them now and tell them I will encounter difficulties? Does anyone know if it's an option to take a payment break completely or go interest only. Will that effect my credit rating? My main priority is to keep the roof above our heads. I plan to sell at some stage hopefully within a year. Does my ex-husband have to sign for interest only ? He's keen to have his name removed from mortgage and deeds but I think it will be an issue if I'm not working. Any help is really really appreciated.

Pretty remiss of your solicitor to pay over money without having him removed from the deeds.

Pretty remiss of his solicitor not to ensure that his name was not removed from the mortgage.

Having said that, if you intend to sell then just move to interest only bank won't move against you in 12 months.

Back