Transfer from LHR to LGW

pnh

In a few weeks we will be returning from US into Heathrow but have to transfer to Gatwick for onward flight to Dublin.In view of this I am not clear if we have to collect our bags at Heathrow or does the airline-BA- transfer them??

Anyone been through this situation?

Is it all on one ticket? If it's not it's definitely your responsibility, if it is I would think it's BA's.

Did you buy from BA as a flight to/from Dublin? Then likely it is there responsibility. Best to ring them and check though!

Okay thanks for replies-it seems from various searches I have done its my reponsibility-despite being told otherwise by the people I booked thru-a well known online travel company-in fact its the second piece of inaccurate info from them....just detected something in her voice that made me want to double check.

Ring BA anyway just to confirm. Shouldn't be too much hassle to pick them up but the bus ride between the two can be a while! Hope they left enough time and included the cost of the bus!

OP does not say who he is booked with. If its a ba/aerlingus flight then your baggage will be transferred

Back