Train Nice to San Remo

elizabeth

Any advice about the above journey? Do I have to change trains at the border between France and Italy? Is it easier to buy ticket online before I travel? If I do so, is there a problem if I don't show up for the specific train? Online, some of the train journeys seem to take 2.5 hours and yet I thought it was only about 60 km! Thanks.

super easy,fun and cheap.

Every 20-30 mins local train from Nice Ville to Ventimiglia(italy) -takes 50 mins .stops at a dozen stations with pretty views en route.

usually within 10-15 mins the local train from ventimiglia leaves for San Remo and onwards.
journey of 15 mins.

One of the great advantages of a holiday along the French/Italian Riviera is the coastal rail line with so many interesting stops.

P.S. There are through trains from nice to S.R. but they usually are internationals that need reservation.

Here's some more info on how to get to San Remo from Nice. The market there is brilliant btw, highly recommended! [broken link removed]

Just wondering if anyone has used a private transfer from Nice to either Ventimiglia or San Remo? and recommendations?

Back