Tradesman work website success?

johnno09

Have any tradesmen outside of the cities had success with getting work from the tradesman websites?

As a potential tradesperson user, I would never use somebody from a website. I would only use somebody who has been recommended by a trustworthy friend/acquaintance. The sort of service required is usually vital to the ongoing maintenance of a family home (plumbing, electrical, repairs etc.). So why would you trust a total stranger with no credentials (web credentials are not necessarily true) to come into your home and muck about with the vital infrastructure?

Well you can check credentials with the professional bodies for the trade such as reci. There is only so much work you can generate from word of mouth. From the other point of view, every service I want to avail of, I can't say I know someone who would have availed of the same, I have to refer to advertising sometimes too.

I have employed tradespeople from websites - they have been as good as personally recommended people. City area though Johnno09, so not much use to you.

Back