Trade Republic offering account statements quarterly

barbaros

I wanted to get an up to date account statement in Trade Republic, to show as proof of savings for my mortgage application. It turns out that Trade Republic auto generates account statements quarterly (last time being on beginning of October and next one will be at the beginning of January). If you are asking for a more up to date account statement then they are asking €25 fee to generate that. Just an FYI for other Trade Republic users in case they will need something similar in the future.

I am not really happy to pay €25 just for digitally generated PDFs, would there be any other workaround to show savings in this account for mortgage application? Showing screenshots wouldn't be acceptable I believe so I am just unsure how to proceed with. Apart from withdrawing all money out of course.

Why aren’t you happy? You’re on a cheap trading platform that generates quarterly statements in line with its regulatory obligations. Now you want something bespoke on a different timeline and they’re charging you the price of a few drinks. The reason it’s a cheap platform is because things are standardised and scalable. If you want bespoke, go to Davy or Goodbody, but they’ll charge you accordingly, which you won’t be happy with either. You’re trying to have your cake and eat it. You’re the person in Charlie Changs all you can eat €9 buffet asking for the chef to cook the beef a little bit more and then baulking when they add €1 to the bill.

What kind of logic is that? If you are not happy go to Davy and Goodbody that costs leg and arm to offer most basic service. There are other cheap trading platforms, Trading 212, Lightyear, IBKR and Degiro that offers this for free.

What kind of logic is that? If you are not happy go to Davy and Goodbody that costs leg and arm to offer most basic service. There are other cheap trading platforms, Trading 212, Lightyear, IBKR and Degiro that offers this for free.
It’s €25 and it’s related to something as important as a mortgage application.

You could always put in a subject access request under GDPR and see if they send you a statement.

Or pay €25.

They have to make money somehow. They are giving 4% on deposits. That's market-leading among the trading platforms AFAIK, and better than most if not all German banks at the moment (excluding introductory offers). They can't make everything cheap/free or they won't make any money.

It's nearly the end of January and I don't see any statements since I signed up and deposited funds in October.

It's nearly the end of January and I don't see any statements since I signed up and deposited funds in October.
Yes, bit strange. Normally receive the quarterly report within 2 weeks. I sent a message to TR one week ago but still no answer. We'll, you're not the only one. Just wait.

Yes, bit strange. Normally receive the quarterly report within 2 weeks. I sent a message to TR one week ago but still no answer. We'll, you're not the only one. Just wait.
Yes no hurry. I guess that if you want to prove you have the savings to a mortgage provider, you could always transfer it into another account, get a statement and transfer it back. Or would the mortgage provider want to see the trail of where the money had come from?

This post seems to indicate that the Q4 report will be released this week:

Hi All, I made a subject access request under GDPR for a bank statement - this is the response I received -

'Thank you for your message regarding your securities and bank account statement.

We provide a quarterly securities and bank account statement free of charge in your profile in Activity.

Your securities account statement contains: an overview of all your current positions in the securities account with acquisition values and current account balance.

The quarterly statements are available in the weeks following the end of a quarter (January, April, July or October)

Your bank account statement contains: a transaction overview including deposits and withdrawals starting from the end of the last quarter until the desired date of issue.

You also have the option of requesting an additional securities or bank account statement .

You can request an additional securities or bank account statement for a fee at any time, The cut-off date is not freely selectable, but is fixed to the date of issue.'

Hi All, I made a subject access request under GDPR for a bank statement - this is the response I received -

'Thank you for your message regarding your securities and bank account statement.

We provide a quarterly securities and bank account statement free of charge in your profile in Activity.

Your securities account statement contains: an overview of all your current positions in the securities account with acquisition values and current account balance.

The quarterly statements are available in the weeks following the end of a quarter (January, April, July or October)

Your bank account statement contains: a transaction overview including deposits and withdrawals starting from the end of the last quarter until the desired date of issue.

You also have the option of requesting an additional securities or bank account statement .

You can request an additional securities or bank account statement for a fee at any time, The cut-off date is not freely selectable, but is fixed to the date of issue.'
I got this as well. I pushed 2 more times insisting on my GDPR rights, and copied their DPO and they did then send me access to all my transactions data, but not a statement. And that is acceptable from a GDPR perspective - so you need to pay for the additional statement.

Back