Trade Republic launching a debit card with 1% cashback

Hassal for people not already with TR. Not worth it imho for 15 pm requiring 1.5k spend on card. Am i missing something?

Hassal for people not already with TR. Not worth it imho for 15 pm requiring 1.5k spend on card. Am i missing something?

I think it depends what one's tolerance level is for hassle. The 4% interest rate from TR on demand cash is certainly worth it. Anything earned on card savings I would treat as a bonus. I'm currently with TSB and get 10c back up to a fiver on debit card transactions and look at it as an off set against their €6 per month account fees.

Am I missing something here?
"Saveback allows you to earn money while you spend it. You receive 1% saveback for your eligible card payments,"
The T's and C's in this thread suggest you're not just getting 1% cash in your account but having to put it into a TR Saveback Plan (investment) subject to putting other money in yourself.

I think the card's main benefit appears to be (possibly) commission free FX and unlimited ATM withdrawals. The free tier on Revolut is far less generous (max €200 ATM withdrawals per month) and max 1k commission free FX, then a commission is charged, though less than a normal credit card. If that turns out to be the case, it's definitely something I might look at as a "holiday card" as I can route funds to TR from my Lufthansa card and still get miles for holiday spend (usually a fair chunk of change spent on holiday so important to me not to lose the airmiles on that spend).

I already have a free worldwide withdrawal (commission free) credit and debit card from my bank but I earn no miles on them and sending money in circles to generate spending is a no-no.

I just applied online and got one, but I live in Germany. No idea if they issue them to non-residents. Maybe they do.

Still no sign of this Saveback feature being rolled out for Irish customers.

Was thinking about it and probably worth it if you
a) already hit the max 50K cash savings @4%
b) already/are willing to purchase ETFs on Trade Republic via a monthly/fortnightly plan and hit the max 1,500 per month
c) get a virtual card: free (and avoids stamp duty I assume)

With the 1% cap at 15/month that's €180 a year

They have 3 card options available virtual which is free followed by a €5 one off payment and a €50 one off payment. Not sure what the difference is tbh.

Still no sign of this Saveback feature being rolled out for Irish customers.

Was thinking about it and probably worth it if you
a) already hit the max 50K cash savings @4%
b) already/are willing to purchase ETFs on Trade Republic via a monthly/fortnightly plan and hit the max 1,500 per month
c) get a virtual card: free (and avoids stamp duty I assume)

With the 1% cap at 15/month that's €180 a year
I ordered the standard card for 5 euros today. It was hard to tell the difference between that and the 50 euro card but it seemed to just be differences in the physical card rather than any usability difference.

Am I right in understanding from this post that there is no 1% cashback for us in Ireland then? I didn't see this in the app. In fact it was highlighting the cashback as a reason to order the card

I can sign up for the Cashback feature but it has said for last 3-4 months that you're on the Waiting List.

Saw on Reddit some new users are getting instant access so not sure what's going on. Almost likely building up artificial demand

Received a card today, made a small purchase, and can see the saveback in the app so all looks fine to me at least so far

I'm 1,322,966 on the "wait list"

Seriously what a load of codswallop.

Last edited:
I've been in the queue since it started and I'm still at 250k.

I'm not sure I fully understand the cashback.

It sounds like you have to set up €50 min saving plan, up to 15 of which can be your cash back. Is that correct?

Back