Trade Republic launching a debit card with 1% cashback

I've been in the queue since it started and I'm still at 250k.

I'm not sure I fully understand the cashback.

It sounds like you have to set up €50 min saving plan, up to 15 of which can be your cash back. Is that correct?
I'm not sure about that. I spent 11 euros yesterday and saw that I got this in the app then. I haven't tried to do anything with it though so I don't know if there are restrictions

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-10-12-27-59-75_6da0347cad6a47b34371a983c9258338.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-10-12-27-59-75_6da0347cad6a47b34371a983c9258338.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 81
I just got my card today.

If you read through the saving plan, it will tell you that you have to set up a 50 per month savings plan to actually get the save back. You can earn up to 15 euro a month, and that goes into your savings plan.

I think I'd rather just get 0.5% cash from my AIB card.

I just got an email this morning to tell me I can now order my Trade Republic debit card. Trying to weigh up if it is worth doing or not. Like @shipship in the previous post, I already get 0.5% cashback on my AIB credit card. I don't know if I want to be locked into the Trade Republic savings plan at €50 per month with the headache of ETF taxation in this country.

Just got my card offer as well. So looks like they rolled it out to Irish customers this week maybe.

I already had a savings account for buying ETFs so linked that.

I had thought those savings would get the 1% up to €15 a month but no, it seems those do not count, you need to use the card to buy other items online (virtual card) or in person (physical card) to get the 1% cashback.

So if that is true, surely this is only worth if you have over 50K in your TR account, as you get 4% on uninvested savings up to 50K. So why would I spend some of that to only get 1% back?

Last edited:
Back