Trade Republic customer service is practically non-existent €20,000 LOST!!!!

landlord

A few weeks ago, I transferred €50,000 to Trade Republic from PTSB, five x €10,000 transfers, over a few consecutive days. Three of the payments arrived the next day. The last two never arrived.
After three days, I contacted PTSB who told me to wait a little longer. I also sent Trade Republic messages via the app. After a few days they replied by email with a robotic answer, completely ignoring the fact that this money had gone missing. I replied to this email many times and also set up new lines of enquiry again through the app. No response for two weeks. And suddenly, after two weeks, I receive a response identical to the first one. Completely ignoring my question and giving the same robotic answer. Since then all my email replies and App replies over the last few days are still being ignored. Absolutely disgraceful. Perhaps they have no humans and only bots in their customer service department?
PTSB have now set up a trace on these missing funds. (it was quite reassuring to actually speak to a human on the phone in PTSB).

A few weeks ago, I transferred €50,000 to Trade Republic from PTSB, five x €10,000 transfers, over a few consecutive days. Three of the payments arrived the next day. The last two never arrived.
After three days, I contacted PTSB who told me to wait a little longer. I also sent Trade Republic messages via the app. After a few days they replied by email with a robotic answer, completely ignoring the fact that this money had gone missing. I replied to this email many times and also set up new lines of enquiry again through the app. No response for two weeks. And suddenly, after two weeks, I receive a response identical to the first one. Completely ignoring my question and giving the same robotic answer. Since then all my email replies and App replies over the last few days are still being ignored. Absolutely disgraceful. Perhaps they have no humans and only bots in their customer service department?
PTSB have now set up a trace on these missing funds. (it was quite reassuring to actually speak to a human on the phone in PTSB).
Sorry to hear this. Have you tried contacting Trade Republic by phone on +49 3054906310. I've not tried it myself so hopefully it goes somewhere and you can find an English speaker.

Another poster had a similar issue a few months back I'm not sure what the outcome was but it may be worth your while searching for the thread.

From the other thread, I suggest you:

Lodge a complaint with Trade Republic too using the Trade Republic complaints process.

Consider emailing their CEO too.

You should not have to do these things but the Trade Republic customer service is so awful it might be needed.

The issue is either with Citi (used by both PTSB and Trade Republic) or with Trade Republic.

4 weeks now, over 25 attempts to establish communication and nothing.
I was going to try that phone number someone here suggested, but the €10,000 payments magically appeared back in my PTSB account having never reached Trade Republic.
I experimented and instead sent multiple €1999 payments a day which were accepted.

Thanks.

Customer beware. Many German entities will not offer terms and conditions in English. Likewise the German “Ombudsmannnverfahen” has a website fully in German and I can only assume will only accept complaints that way.

By comparison Belgian, Dutch and Luxembourg financial complaints bodies will deal fully in English with you.

@landlord - Not too sure why you would continue to transfer funds to somewhere, at which, you have received zero help in identifying serious issues (imho), in over a month.

Is the return that good ?
Yes
As the smaller payments are getting through to TR and all payments back to my PTSB account are successful, I am taking the risk. Still no reply from TR regarding my issues though!!

Traderepublic has possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced, at least in the financial services market.

they don't reply to emails for weeks, then if you are lucky, they reply, and when you follow up it goes silent again.
at the same time, Trade Republic are pushing its new credit card offering.
Who in their right mind would take out a credit card with a company that leaves you weeks without a reply for support?

Back