Trade in 2 cars for the purchase of 1 new car - possible?

Wollran

Is it possible to trade in 2 second hand cars and purchase a new car? My father is recently deceased, and my mother is thinking of trading in both her car and his car, and buying a new car for herself. Is this something that dealers would consider? Anyone any previous experience of doing this, and what pit-falls to look out for?

Thanks
Wollran

Yes, it's certainly possible. Just go in knowing what the value of both cars is.

A dealer in Bandon is putting a €1000 on to the price of their 2nd hand cars if you have a part exchange, I don't think they will like 2 cars taken in

If one or both of the cars are quite old, the dealer is likely to be offloading them immediately to a used car company anyway. All they are really doing is faciliating you selling it to the used car place.

I "traded in" an old car and the dealer was quite open that this is what he would do and even rang the guy in front of me to get an approximate value.

So, they might do this, but the amount you will get will be less than if you sell it yourself, but your mother might be willing to do this to avoid hassle.

A dealer in Bandon is putting a €1000 on to the price of their 2nd hand cars if you have a part exchange, I don't think they will like 2 cars taken in

I would take my business elsewhere then.

Back