Laya Total Health Select Premium Hike

pumba

Hi,
I just received renewal notice for my husband's Total Health Select and the annual premium has jumped by over 200 euro from 1650 euro last year to 1860 this year. I phoned Laya and she advised me that the price of plans can vary from month to month and the more claims on a given plan and the more people on the plan the higher the premium goes! I advised her we would like to get the best possible level of cover without paying any more money than last year. Our main priority is to maintain the same level of hospital cover and if we can get a good day to day cover as well that's a bonus, we would be happy to pay a low one off excess but not daily excesses which ratchet up quickly. The options she gave me were, company health plus no excess, Company care excess and company care choice. I renewed my own plan in April and I am on VHI company plan extra level 3 which has a fairly good level of cover and was approximately 1480 euro which would make it another option. I'm not sure which option to go with or whether there are any other plans available that would tick the boxes for us. Any advice at all would be appreciated.

You can cancel your current plan and take out a new Total Health Select on the 30th or 31st to avoid the price increase.

Back