To settle a bet - Supermarket in Balally Shopping Centre?

miselemeas

To settle a bet, does anyone remember if H Williams ever had a supermarket in Balally Shopping Centre or if there was ever a supermarket there called "Giant"?? I know it's a long shot but never ventured etc....

well its been supervalu in balally s.c. for years now if thats any use there was a h williams where tesco in dundrum town centre now is.

There was a HWilliams in churchtown many moons ago and there used to be a super crazy prices in either dundrum or balally sc.

To settle a bet, does anyone remember if H Williams ever had a supermarket in Balally Shopping Centre or if there was ever a supermarket there called "Giant"?? I know it's a long shot but never ventured etc....

Yes, there definitely was. I remember going to a Kevin Moran promotion in Balally many moons ago- he was signing the H.Williams-Kevin Moran football.

Giant was also there after H.Williams closed but, if I recall correctly, they were only open for a short while. They had a "half price hooter" where everything passing the tills would be half price for the duration of the hooter sound. Oh, happy memories....

Consider the bet well and truly won!

Yes, there definitely was. I remember going to a Kevin Moran promotion in Balally many moons ago- he was signing the H.Williams-Kevin Moran football.

Giant was also there after H.Williams closed but, if I recall correctly, they were only open for a short while. They had a "half price hooter" where everything passing the tills would be half price for the duration of the hooter sound. Oh, happy memories....

As a child I remember there also used to be a H. Williams in Deansgrange (where Supervalu is now) and there was one in Dun Laoghaire (roughly where Golden Discs is in the DL SC)...

I also remember they used to give out Green Shield Stamps with purchases...

:D Gianni, you're a star! Many thanks, great news! :D

Won the HW bit but lost the Giant section! There was a 3-person bet so I ended up pretty even!

Back