To plumb or not to plumb

noel123ie

Hi all

Im doing up a 4 bed farmhouse in Co Cork and have a question please

There is bath shower and toilet washbasin downstairs.

I can get a bathroom-bath toilet and shower upstairs for 1500. as there currently is none

Ive asked 2 auctioneers and they say it will make no difference to letability I can not understand this though as would make a big difference to me if I was looking for a house

Any help /thoughts would be great

Thanks
Noel

I'm with you, it would make a big difference to me also.

If it was a house with a lesser number of bedrooms then I might think differently but a family bathroom upstairs is a standard nowadays is it not? If space is an issue maybe a toilet, good shower (most people prefer them) and sink could be enough. Maybe the auctioneers are right about letability aspect short term but longer term investment view why not do the bathroom upstairs now whilst you are in the refitting groove?

Hi Woodie

Thanks for yoor reply

I agree and 1500 seems very good

Its just another expense I just hope top get back over longer term

Noel

I would put the money in now as you are doing it up and put the bathroom upstairs.
While some people would not be bothered about it others would therefore you are limiting you potential rental market. Its hard enough these days to get things rented.

I would def put the bathroom in now, save a lot of hassle and cost a lot less then if you were to change your mind in a few years. Its worth it for thatt price too.

Back