Time to revisit the benchmarking ATM?

Out of interest RoyRover, what area do you work in? You are constantly griping about public servants but have never stated what you do for a living.

Do I need to submit my C.V. for approval before I voice my opinion as well?

Hmmm... I think the CPA now needs to be shelved.

Glad you agree that staff cuts are required.

I am not so sure that voluntary redundancies or pay cuts are affordable.
I agree.

There is no reason why teachers or nurses should be paid 30-50% more than in Northern Ireland.

We have massively overpaid ourselves over the past 10 years, both in the form of PS pay and conditions and an overgenerous welfare state.
By the same token there’s no reason why anyone in the private sector should get paid more than their counterparts in the UK and most of us are.
We have the best paid GP’s in Europe. Professional services in general are still much higher than the UK. Even building trades are still more expensive.

This is not about "punishing" anyone.
I agree. Job losses and pay cuts in the public sector will have a massive negative impact in the private sector (domestic economy).

It is about rebalancing the cost base that we have. Running at €30bn income and €50bn outgoings is just not feasible.
I agree.
Why should future generations of Irish citizens pay for the benchmarking ATM?
Why should they pay for higher than UK spending/costs for anything?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; the cost and size of the public sector is too high and needs to reduced but I think everyone would be delighted if that was the only problem we were facing.

Here’s a national objective once we get out of this mess; keep our inflation rate lower than Germanys.

Do I need to submit my C.V. for approval before I voice my opinion as well?

No, but its a bit one sided to have one person constantly attacking a whole sector while people from that sector cannot compare his criticisms with conditions in his employment.

Back