Time Running Out - Mortgage Approval Deadline

S

Slammers

Hi thanks for reading. Any help/information appreciated.

My partner and myself got mortgage approval six months ago and all seemed ready to go, the house is ready to move into in a couple of weeks , deposit was paid to builders when contracts were signed back in August '08 and all information required by bank/broker/solicitor was dealt with at earliest opportunity. The property was signed off by the engineer early last week.

Last Friday some information was requested by the bank regarding my accounts and this was provided immediately upon which our broker told us the Drawdown would happen by Tuesday.......until

This afternoon we were in touch with the solicitor who said nothing had been received via the bank so they contacted the bank on our behalf and were informed that they had mislaid statements. (again). Through a lot of panic and sweat these were obtained and faxed to them, where upon they began to ask for more information on my partner's account. This again was all provided (although struggled too see how some was relevant). The solicitor and broker have been onto the bank consistently this evening, the last we heard was that the bank wished to speak with our broker's head office, where they were seeking "clarification"? My partner is a little more than concerned in these developments at such a late stage, and is worried that "it's not gonna happen".

Tomorrow is possibly the last day that the drawdown is completed within the approval period, so is there good reason to be distressing? Are the bank just stalling for some reason?

The fact that the bank never contacted anyone to tell us that they had mislaid things or needed certain information amazes me. Even today the solicitor when ringing the bank asked "if they needed to talk to the broker's head office, had they thought to call them?" to which the answer was NO.:confused:

Anything to help at all?

What industry does your partner work in? What direct debits are coming out of the account?

Have the bank given any indication as to a timeframe?

Thanks for replying.

Employed within a large pharmaceutical for a number of years, and been given assurances recently that there is no threat to that changing, there are no direct debits of note and the bank are aware of all our information. Nothing hidden away. Just concerned as we seem to repeatedly be going over old ground with them and the six month period of approval is due up this weekend.

Back