Tiling a small showerroom

dino

Hi,
I have a small shower room in my house. It's about 9 feet by 5 feet. I am planning on renovating the room with all new tiling, a new shower, basin and toilet. I went to Right Price Tiles yesterday to get a quote. I told him my measurements and I picked out a nice floor & wall tile and border. They were supposedly half price. Then he added grout, adhesive and some sealer for the grout and a window surround. He quoted me €871!!! I nearly dropped. Does this sound right???
Also how much am I likely to pay to get the tiling done???

Just get your tiles there. All the ancillaries can be bought much cheaper at Builders Merchants/Providers.

Make sure that you get the best waterproof adhesives, grouts, etc, and that they are fresh and have not been in stock for a long time. So, if buying from a builders providers, make sure that they have a good turnover in these items. Any failure in these is expensive.

Also would advise that you tile the floor before the walls. That way, the floor/wall joints will be white. If you do it the other way, it leaves a line of floor grout(grey) around the floor/wall joints.

Hi Dino. I think you're in Cork judging from previous threads. I got a load of tiles for a kitchen/living room floor and for a bathroom last week in Right Price Tiles by the Train Station but I got all my adhesive and grout in Cork Builders Providers in Togher Ind. Estate off the dual carriage way between The Magic Roundabout and The Sarsfield Road Roundabout. Much cheaper there.

hey i just did my bathroom up with tiles from right price tiles and i think the total was for 588euro and mine was in the 75% off sale there before christmas oh and my bathroom is only 6'x6' (i know its like tiny!)
but you mentioned getting new suite for in there two...i got a really nice one in wickes (if you have one localy) thing is you want a shower tray this has a curved bath with sliding curved glass door and it was very reasonable..and fits in nicely to the tiny space. pm me if you need more details oh and i don't work for wickes..just loving my new bathroom
happy renovating :)

As it says in the name Right Price Tiles, nothing else !! they pull the money back in with their compulsory borders with certain tiles aswell as the adhesive and grout.

It would be about 150euro to tile the shower area. A days wages basically cause its only a small job.

am professional, nonbious, right price good value in tiles,adhesives grouts no way,if they insist on purchase of boarders they can be as low as 3e, sometimes they dont insist. they always have a section of end of lines where you do not have to buy boarders. bought some the other day at 5e a yard roughly you need 25 yards.average price tiles circa 300e,boarders circa 100e, adhesive ,grout circa90-130 depending on type of surface. floor tiles 6 yds, with adhesive grout 100e. labour will depend on surfaces.get a bathroom fitter to do whole project .if you give me shape of room ,i.e door and if window . may be able to be more helpful. tubs and tiles may be best for your shower and tray ask for surety range ,great value, good quality. please dont fit a cheap one it is seriously false economy

Back