Tiler Needed. Gorey/Ferns area.

LadyJane

We need a tiler to tile our bathroom. The house is located in Ferns, just south of Gorey. The area is approx 10m sq. The tiles are a herringbone marble mosiac tile on a mesh background.

Any recommendations would be really appreciated. Also, does anyone know a ballpark price fori this sort of thing?

It is all new to us.

Thanks!

The tileshop where you bought the tiles should be able to give you a list of good tilers.

Plenty of previous threads here, including this recent one which will give you an idea of what price to expect.
Leo

LadyJane I have used a guy called Aidan Kelly (i have no connections with this man) and found him reasonable price wise and relaible also can try and find a number if you want it

We used Liam Moore from Pinewood Lodge Colestown Wexfor-cant find his number, probably in the phone book-and found him very reasonable and good at the job.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I ordered the tiles online from a shop abroad, so no such luck using the shop for recommendations.

Millie2, will send you a PM to see if I could get the number of Aidan Kelly.

Prudent1 - I think Wexford might be a bit far away. Not too keen on paying for his travel time, although I greatly appreciate the suggestion!

Ladyjane,

just wondering how you got on with this tiler - i am looking for someone to do some tiling (kitchen / diningroom, porch, hall and two bathrooms) in the gorey area.

thanks

H

Hi Ladyjane,

Would you mind posting the website where you purchased the tiles abroad? Would you recommend them?

Anyone else use any online companies for tiles?

As always, your help is appreciated.
Pudzer

Ladyjane,

just wondering how you got on with this tiler - i am looking for someone to do some tiling (kitchen / diningroom, porch, hall and two bathrooms) in the gorey area.H
I can recommend Arthur Nolan from Gorey - His tel no. is 087 815 3080.

He tiled three bathrooms (floors and walls), the hall (floor) and a large kitchen (floor and splash back) for me and did an excellent job. He charges a fair price and works with his brother, so the job is done in double quick time.

I have no connection to Arthur other than the work he has done for me.

And, by the way, they like tea and chocolate biscuits! ;)

Thanks Delgirl! I posted that ages ago and am just now getting around to getting someone in. Will give Arthur Nolan a ring. And get the bickies in! :)

Thats the name that was highly recommended to me aswell - unfortunatly the number i was given was a landline and I could never get an answer, so in an effort to get into the house i went with someone else. worst decision i have ever made - we paid an absolute fortune for the tiles and the job done is the worst i have ever seen, i actually trip over the tiles some of them are so uneven. so even though the name is recommended if at all possible try to see some previous work they have done.

I have seen arthur nolans work and it is fantastic - will just have to save up for another couple of years and get all the tiles lifted. hall, kitchen, porch and both bathrooms!!!!!!

I used a guy called Tom Reynolds to tile my bathroom floors.
He lives in Camolin so should be fairly handy. I would recommend his work.

Gave me a reasonable quote and also threw in tiling at back of oven.

Also I was given the choice of buying my own grout or he supplying it. I went for him supplying it.

I got his number from the wicklow people but still have it at home if required.

Thanks Teachai. Just rang Arthur Nolan and he is coming out tonight or tomorrow for a look and a quote. Willl keep Tom Reyonalds's details in case it dosen't work out. Glad to hear further good feedback on his work Helan72 - can't wait to get the job done, it has been on the horizon for ages.

Anyone know anyone in the Gorey/Camolin area who installs bathroom suites (while I am on a roll)?

Back