Thousands of householders who have paid the HC have received warning letter in error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A comprehensive national housing database linked to the owners PPS number would have been ideal,but considering the public finances, they are making the best of a bad job.
I don't think it follows that the household charge is a joke because the implementation is hampered by the quality of the available data .

Well surely to god they know who paid the charge by now . They want the people who received the letters and have paid to ring them with their receipt numbers and if they dont ring they will technically incur a charge

A guy on Joe Duffy today was saying that when his mother rang with her receipt number she was told that in order to remove her dead husbands name from the list she would have to pay 25 euros and send in a death cert for him as well .
Its a joke do they not know who has paid, apparently thousands of these have being sent out and everyone that has paid has to ring them with their receipt number .
I really do despair

Unless there is a section in the legislation to cover failing to respond to a notice alleging that you have not paid when you actually have they can do nothing. If you have paid never mind the guff from some of those overpaid zombies that are blaming the people who have paid for making errors when actual errors have not occurred. It is down to a situation where there are quite a high number of incompetent people administering this throughout the country

Dublin has Postal Districts - as a Country we don't have post codes and the guy on the radio doesn't even know this.

Unless there is a section in the legislation to cover failing to respond to a notice alleging that you have not paid when you actually have they can do nothing. If you have paid never mind the guff from some of those overpaid zombies that are blaming the people who have paid for making errors when actual errors have not occurred. It is down to a situation where there are quite a high number of incompetent people administering this throughout the country

If my address on one database is 17 The Shires,Hobbitville,D12 and on another as 17 The Shires,Dublin 12 and on another as 17 Shires,Hobbit Ville does it make the people administering the HC incompetent if they don't know that these are all the same address.

No your example would not but when less complicated addresses or no complication is involved or when the address that the letter with the warnings/threats is the exact same as the address used when making the payment. The name and address given with the on line payment is exactly the same as the name and address on the letter from council. What would you consider that?. I do not want a scene about this but that is the situation.

Possibly not the same name though! Or joint names as on deeds vs single name who paid.

The same name that the water rates were billed to years ago, the same single owner who owns the house for the past 42 years and who has always lived at that address during that period on their own. I do not see where they have access to deeds as a matter of interest

Not replying any further to defending the indefensible.

I've received 3 reminders myself. And telephoned each time. Finally found out where the error was and contacted the local authority directly to sort it out, which hopefully it is.

Hello,

I think they have made a shameful mess of this entire collection process.

I and many others paid this tax in good faith, on the understanding that all who were liable would be paying it - but that has proven not to be the case and whats more, I see money being waisted sending letters to people who are not supposed to be getting them, or simply throw the letters in the recycle bin.

To say I'm annoyed with the Government for the way they have failed to enforce this tax on everyone, to ensure equality, is to say the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back