Those with deposits in Raisin, Lightyear - anything to report, issues, all good, etc?

Anbody getting this error below when tying to open another savings term with the same bank BFF

"The maximum investment amount at BFF Bank is EUR 100,000.00. Therefore, we can unfortunately not accept your desired investment amount. Please also note our other deposit products."
My current 2 deposits are 60k

Want to add another savings accout to the value of 30k whihc is less than 100k?

Lightyear... I had no problem with lightyear until trying to withdraw February interest and it didn't arrive to Revolut account. I tried today again.
Same thing.
Password not recognised.
I went to security area, and see that another email is in the AREA..
...not mine or one I recognise.
... So when I contact support, they respond to an email account I do not have access to.

I have sent email to the support address now. Of course, I am second guessing myself .. did I set up a random email for lightyear, but I can't imagine that I did.

Anyone else have this issue?

Lightyear... I had no problem with lightyear until trying to withdraw February interest and it didn't arrive to Revolut account. I tried today again.
Same thing.
Password not recognised.
I went to security area, and see that another email is in the AREA..
...not mine or one I recognise.
... So when I contact support, they respond to an email account I do not have access to.

I have sent email to the support address now. Of course, I am second guessing myself .. did I set up a random email for lightyear, but I can't imagine that I did.

Anyone else have this issue?
REPLYING TO MYSELF HERE - as embarrassed. Lightyear support responded and immediately took action - helped put new email on account, however I needed to reverify with ID and Selfie and then email back. Just did that today, and decided to see if I could open lightyear on Web browser - oooopppppps - Did so and there was the EMAIL I DIDN@T RECOGNISE. It was mine all the time. I must have set up a new email as extra security when I started to research Lightyear and trade republic. SO ALL GOOD WITH LIGHTYEAR
Thank you folks;) @AndroidMan and @mrvinegar.

Has anybody use N26 for savings? I'm wondering if they withhold that tax, and also what that means exactly:(.

I'm looking to deposit a lump sum, but also save about 800€ p.m. for the next 18 months and use the money to buy a house in Italy.

I already ahve an N26, it says standard saving is 2.8%. Does anybody know if that's a lumsum + savings or how it might work?

Also, is it wise to open an Itially account now anyway, BFF currenty doing 3%, althoguh I see somwbody here got a 4% rate.

I had a problem with Raisin. I have been a customer of theirs for some time. I had accounts with BFF their partner bank. The prolongation ( roll-over) as they refer to it wasn't automatic. It had to be done by me. This was default position.
However, today my Blue Or deposit was automatically rolled over for another six month term at a poor interest rate. I asked them to reverse this. They ( not me) seem to have opted for a automatic prolongation for this account.

I had a problem with Raisin. I have been a customer of theirs for some time. I had accounts with BFF their partner bank. The prolongation ( roll-over) as they refer to it wasn't automatic. It had to be done by me. This was default position.
However, today my Blue Or deposit was automatically rolled over for another six month term at a poor interest rate. I asked them to reverse this. They ( not me) seem to have opted for a automatic prolongation for this account.
When it comes to 'automatic prolongation' it depends on the partner bank. Some offer it some don't. It would have been stat. ed when you opened the Blue Or account.

While it might be active by default your can turn it off (by clicking into the relevant partner account details and you'll find a button there). I think this can be done up to a few days before the account matures.

If you missed it first time round and want to avoid it happening again it's probably best to deactivate it now.

if you have a few different back accounts open in raisin.ie ,is the 100,000euro guaranteee for each bank or for just raisin.ie?

Dipping my toes in the water here.
I have gone through the Raisin set up. All good.
Now I want to actually move some money into savings.
I have about €40k I am happy to lock up for 2 years. Fairly sure I won’t need it.
Lots of offers and they change every time I look. That’s fine I’ll work it out.

But are there any I should stay away from? Sticking to Europe so they are covered by the €100k.

Is withholding tax a big deal in terms of paperwork? Should I avoid countries where they do that? Or is it by institution not country?

Is withholding tax a big deal in terms of paperwork?
Yes, I found it so. Gave up after 3 tries to get BluOr to accept the form from Revenue. Have now reinvested in a country where withholding tax is not applied. It will all be declared hereof course, and Dirt applied, but less hassle.

Is withholding tax a big deal in terms of paperwork? Should I avoid countries where they do that? Or is it by institution not country?
I’ve avoided withholding tax and stuck with institutions from countries that don’t apply it. It wasn’t the only selection criteria, but it was one of them. Just one more complication I don’t need.

It’s down to the tax regime in the country where the bank operates whether or not withholding tax applies. So for example France does not apply withholding tax, nor does Italy. Spain does. This can lead to some complications, for example

Note: BFF Bank is an Italian bank (ie has a banking license in Italy) but offers deposits on Raisin.ie through its Spanish branch in Madrid. This means that your savings at the bank fall under the Italian deposit guarantee (up to EUR 100,000 per customer), but that Spanish tax regulations apply (due to withholding tax). Source : https://www.raisin.ie/bank/banca-farmafactoring/

If you read the information sheet for the bank you are looking at on the raisin.ie website it should tell you.

Back