thinking of changing plans

magicray

I have myself wrapped up in knots here, family of 5 - 2 adults , three adult children 23,20 and 18

Two adults are currently with Irish Life on Select Plus, am thinking of changing this one to 4 D Health 1 (looking for some cover for the Mater Private as thats where a consultant is based)

3 sons are with VHI PMI 40-15 - I found VHI cheaper as they have a sliding scale until age 25, nothing wrong with any of them thankfully so would like to find a cheaper plan if possible

any advice gratefully accepted

Hi magicray,

Welcome to AAM. The following 5 plans have better Mater Private cover than 4D Health 1, details as follows;
Note; As you did not have cover for Mater Private on your current plan Select Plan, the 2 year upgrade waiting time will apply to any
pre-existing illness. For plans with day to day cover, Laya have no waiting for this type of cover, Vhi apply a 6 month wait if you are 50+ yrs,
Irish Life apply a 6 month wait for over 55 years.

1. VHI PMI 37 13; price 1075pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 100 per admission or day case procedure.

2. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1123pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private excess 150 per admission and
50 excess per day case procedure. Good day to day cover 50% refund for consultant visits, gp visits, etc.

3. Irish Life Nurture Plus; price 1181pa; all public, private and 2 hi-tech hospitals covered(including Mater Private), excess 125 x 2 max per year
for all admissions and 125 per Mater Private admission, day case excess 50 per procedure.

4. Irish Life 4D Health 2; price 1213pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission and 75 per day case
procedure.

5. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 x 2 max per year for all admissions
and 50 per day case procedure. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for consultant visits, gp visits etc.

[broken link removed]

Young adult options; VHI are best priced for this age group, details as follows;
1. VHI One Plan 250; all public and private hospitals covered. Private excess 250 x 2 max for all admissions and day case excess 150 per
procedure.

2. VHI One Plan 150; all public, private and some Beacon hospital cover, private excess 150 x 2 max for all admissions and day case 150
excess procedure.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks so much SnowyB I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, I will have a good look at those later on

Back