Things you should do in Dublin

casiopea

Hi,
Ive friends visiting Dublin, theyve been before and did the main tourist trails (guinness factory, trinity college, art gallery, temple bar, jonny foxes). I was wondering what I could recommend them to do? Anyone with any good dublin experiences they should try? places they should lunch? Markets they should see?

thanks for any recommendations,
cas.

I went to the Zoo with the kids recently, hadent been there for years. It is absolutely excellent. The kids reckoned that it was better than London Zoo in regents park.

Hi,
Ive friends visiting Dublin, theyve been before and did the main tourist trails (guinness factory, trinity college, art gallery, temple bar, jonny foxes). I was wondering what I could recommend them to do? Anyone with any good dublin experiences they should try? places they should lunch? Markets they should see?

thanks for any recommendations,
cas.

What to do in Dublin...get outta there as quick as you can.... thats what! :D

the walk out of poolbeg along the harbour wall all the way to the end is great. And you can see all the ships and boats on your way. I love that walk.

the walk out of poolbeg along the harbour wall all the way to the end is great. And you can see all the ships and boats on your way. I love that walk.

Just check the tides before you do this .. it's a great walk alright but when there's a high high tide it comes over the wall in some sections so you'd be wading/swimming

After Zoo go for a walk round Phoenix Park, Take a trip into the Chester Beatty library in Dublin Castle , National Gallery in Nassau St ( check out the wonderful stairs up to the mezzinine , I built them :D )stroll round Trinity , Go out to Rush for a walk, pints in the Dawson lounge, Collins barracks , Jameson distillery.

I took a day off the other day and took my sister into Dublin city for the day (I'm from Dublin just never get the chance to go to City Centre anymore). Anyway we went on the Viking splash tour which she really really enjoyed (she's ten), then we toured Dublin Castle - we had lunch on the green and went to the Natural History museum which is free and was her favourite part of the day - we then did national gallery before having dinner on the way home. Absolutely brilliant day and the only cost was viking splash tour and food. It's great to actually take time to enjoy the capital city :)

Lunch in Howth at the Bloody Stream under the Dart station. Nice spot, good value food, great service! Nice walks around Howth too.

One place I really love in Dublin is the Basin Park at the top of Blessington Street. Its a real gem of a park hidden away not that far from O'Connell Street.

If you're in the Phoenix Park I'd recommend a trip to Farmleigh. Free entrance and free tour of the house.

Also if you're on the Southside a quirky thing to see is the gate of Harlech House in Clonskeagh... not really touristy but worth a look if you're nearby..

If its a nice day get the DART to Dalkey go for lunch in the village, then go for a walk along the coast road and down the vico? then head back into town for dinner!

Stay away from the Boardwalk on the Liffey by all accounts....
Don't believe the (Indo) hype. I spent a very pleasant lunchtime there most days this week. And before you ask - no I'm not a junkie or a dealer! :D

Back