Thermia Atria

footsteps

Just wondering if anyone has this installed for underfloor heating or rads and any opinions on it?

Thinking of installing instead of oil in a new build with UFh in a 2500 sq foot bungalow.

We are a working couple so house is vacant from 8.45 to 5.15 each day, would it be better to go with oil and rads rather than UFH & Air?!
Any experiences?

Web www.thermia.com

Last edited:
I have one installed in a 2000ft house. It drived UFH downstairs and rads upstairs, i find it good enough and running costs have been around €75/week over the Xmas. This is total ESB costs, heating/cooking/lighting etc and would have been during a period with higher than normal demand for everything.

That sounds good, good to hear some real figures. Is the unit that you 'should' put in the house noisy - we are wondering whether to put in untility or garage?
Is there hot water always as it says on the tin?

Any major advantages, tips, disadvantages that you have experienced?

I really like the system have a little persuading to do on other half!

In my opinion under-floor heating is not suitable for a working couple who only occupy a house for a few hours of the day
Especially so if they are also away at weekends.

A conventional heating system with low water content radiators and proper controls can be far more responsive to the unpredictable Irish climate, solar gain and the lifestyle of a buildings occupants.

Last edited:
The noise is similar to a fridge when the compressor kicks in, a garage would be the ideal place for it. We have it in the utility room but thats situated under the stairs and landing so noise can be heard upstairs vis the landing but its not excessive. If putting this type of system in make sure and have each room on a separate thermostat so you can turn them off easily if those rooms are not in use for a while.

Back