There are still some nice people in this world!!!

DubShelley

Just thought I'd share this nice story...

My boyfriend lost his wallet last night, needless to say he was like a demon!!! Not only was there €200 belonging to him in it, there was also €400 belonging to his friends which he'd just gotten as they are booking a holiday. He searched everywhere but gave up as it was nowhere to be found. He was really p*ssed off and set about cancelling all his cards this morning and was thinking about cancelling the holiday too as he just couldn't afford to pay for everyone!

However...he just got a call from his college who asked him if by any chance he'd lost his wallet. Turns out, someone found it outside our apartment building and went to the bother of trying to find some way to locate him. His college card was there so the kind samaritan called them and asked them to get in touch with my boyf to let him know it had been found.

My boyf called him there and he reassured him everything was still in it and it hadn't been touched. He only lives up the road from us so he's going to meet him later to give it back.

There really are some kind samaritans out there...In these tough times, I'm sure it would be hard for a lot of people to hand back €500 they found on the ground!!! Would you?? ;)

I'm sure it would be hard for a lot of people to hand back €500 they found on the ground!!! Would you?? ;)

If it was in a wallet I have to say I would, yes.

If I found cash simply lying there I'm not so sure though.

Still, nice story.

In these tough times, I'm sure it would be hard for a lot of people to hand back €500 they found on the ground!!! Would you?? ;)

Probably wants to meet so he can steal his car keys!:eek:

If I found cash simply lying there I'm not so sure though.

Still, nice story.

A good few years ago I used to work on the West Pier Dun Laoghaire.

One of my work collegues lost his pay packet £90O or so raging wasn't in it so my boss advised him to go to the local Gardai station and report the loss.

Later that day he got a call saying his money had been found.

So delighted was he that he gave the good samaratin 1/3 of his wage.

One of my work collegues lost his pay packet £90O or so raging wasn't in it so my boss advised him to go to the local Gardai station and report the loss.

If I found an actual pay packet I would have handed it in too.

I was talking about loose cash just lying there on it's own though.

If I found an actual pay packet I would have handed it in too.

I was talking about loose cash just lying there on it's own though.

That's exactly what this person found.

Money in an envelope with no writing on the outside

Two gentlemen of the Wailing Wall persuasion were out walking and one of them spotted a wage packet on the ground.
The other man congratulated his friend on his luck.
'What luck?' was the reply ' Have you seen the tax and levies I am paying?'

In my work we have wallets and phones lost everyday. I always go to great lengths to return the article to its owner. I have trawled through phonebooks looking for home, mam, dad, etc. Through wallets looking for XtraVision, Credit Union and Student cards, looking for any little scrap of paper to indicate an owner.

Funny thing is, its always the people who have little who are always grateful. Someone who has only a few cents and maybe some personal items will pour over you with gratitude, and the ones with all the dosh, cards and IDs will barely grunt in your direction.

Am I missing something? €200 of his own cash plus €400 of his friends adds up to €600 doesn't it? Is there a little joke in there being played on us...?

Anyway I found £200 outside a bank once and handed it in. The bank people took my details and a little while later a very nice old lady came round to my house and gave me a tenner as a thank you. When I told my friends one of them, reknowned for being a tight get, said that I should have got a 10% finders fee!

Funny thing is, its always the people who have little who are always grateful. Someone who has only a few cents and maybe some personal items will pour over you with gratitude, and the ones with all the dosh, cards and IDs will barely grunt in your direction.

Nothing new there then!

I remember as a student someone finding a wallet and handing it in with money in it but stealing the condoms!

I have found wallets before and handed them in, friend found an electric guitar in her garden one morning and handed it in!

A friend of mine was going to america for the summer. She had an uncles phone number written on the envelope that contained all her travelers cheques (her summer start up money - bout 600 pounds).
She phoned her uncle from the airport, got on flight, disembarked in New York to find a staff member waiting for her with a message.
The next person along to the public phone she had used had found the envelope, phoned the number on it, told the uncle about the travellers cheques in the envelope, left the envelope with airport security for the uncle to pick up and the uncle had phoned ahead to the New York airport so someone could tell her the money had been found.

She hadnt actually noticed she was missing her travellers cheques by the time she was told about it :)

It wasn't me! I was a good girl in college;)

Librarians are good girls. It was probably one of the orts girls

its how the blonde haired orange skinned arts students say arts, orts

Aahh I see ... jaysus how things have changed - when I was a student the arts students were the coolest bunch (if a bit pretentious).

All drugtakers, musicians and adventurous in fashion sense and attitude.

Certainly NEVER orange skinned. :(

Back