The Woods at Glounthaune, Cork

Marble saw you have been keeping a keen eye on things in Glounthaune! I am interested in The Woods myself and am pretty impressed with the development and the finish of the properties. Plus of course the big advantage of not have to drive into work – the train on the doorstep. Anyway my point of writing is that the new selling agent seems to be more clued into reality – they have completely changed the pricing. You were right – there is value in Glounthaune. The detached houses are now priced at €760,000 and the lodges are starting from €415,000. That’s pretty good value in my opinion!

You say you are interested in The Woods? Are you connect to the selling agent by any chance?

You say you are interested in The Woods? Are you connect to the selling agent by any chance?

If only I'd had the foresight! Unfortuantely no - I'm in hotels and currently suffering from acute commuteritis!!!

Went to see this estate at weekend, as a relative had seen an ad on back of Property section of newspaper saying that this estate had 'Reviewed Market Pricing'. 4 bed Detached down to €550,000. Out of my league, but the 4 bedroom semi-detached has potential to be good value at €450,000. Anybody got any information on the build quality, heating costs (as they are spec'd for underfloor heating), maintenance fee for estate, etc.??

No idea on build quality but the pricing is still bananas!. Big big falls still to come here and in many developments around Cork. Buyer beware!

Back