the new medical card form

S

sussy

On the new medical card application form, they ask if you have
private health insurance,I wonder why? If someones under the income threshold and they've gone without a car or holiday to have basic
private health insurance why they should be then penalised. Also odd, many folk that have a medical card did not get their review forms this year so they were sent this new form

On the new medical card application form, they ask if you have
private health insurance,I wonder why?
You don't know why but...
If someones under the income threshold and they've gone without a car or holiday to have basic
private health insurance why they should be then penalised.
... you assume that they will be penalised. Why?

Not assuming anything, [broken link removed] article written by Dr OCleirigh in the Irish Medical News 2/0/52007

That article says nothing about private health insurance or the implications for applicants who have it as per your original post.

I know that.Just thought you might be interested in how difficult the new form is for all kinds of people.

I was more interested in the substantive points in your original post about the private health insurance issue, your question about what this might mean followed by your assumption that people declaring private health insurance would be penalised. The issue about the complexity of the form seemed an addendum to this main query?

HAve looked at the new form.
[broken link removed]
Part F refers to the OP's original issue. It does not appear to give any indication as to why this is being asked for or if it would result in any negative effect on the application.

The newspaper article referred to, mentioned that the problem was in part attributed to people getting forms and not completing them and consequently being removed from the lists. It is not unreasonable for any body granting a service such as the Medical Card or GP visit card to request up dated information on person/income etc when renewing cards. Most people I know with medical cards make sure to get their renewals in pretty quickly to ensure continuity of the service.

It would seem,that some people did not get a renewal\review form this year, even those who rang to remind the health board they had'nt received renewal\review form, never actually got one,with the result medical card timed out hence new medical card app.form

Back