the late late show

casiopea

I saw on YouTube how some guy bombarded the beginning of the late late show and heard him being interviewed on ray darcy this morning. Apparently he is an advocate for prevention of drinkdriving and therefore reducing road deaths.

Is he not defeating his whole point by being drunk on the late late show?

Apparently he is an advocate for prevention of drinkdriving and therefore reducing road deaths.

I'd say he's more concerned with making five million euro out of a system invented by himself that he claims will reduce ( he may even have claimed eliminate ) road traffic accidents. He has already tried to sell it to the Road Safety Authority.

I'd say he's more concerned with making five million euro out of a system invented by himself that he claims will reduce ( he may even have claimed eliminate ) road traffic accidents. He has already tried to sell it to the Road Safety Authority.

What system is he trying to sell?

The system is something to do with GPS and onboard computer navigation in the car, sorry for my vagueness I was only half listening to the man this morning, ultimately it prevents 2 cars crashing as the onboard computer takes over and the drunk driver doesnt need to drive.

He also wants breathalizer tests outside every pub apparently irrospective of people driving or not.

His daughter is a reseacher for RTE on the late late show, she must be so annoyed with him.

The system is something to do with GPS and onboard computer navigation in the car, sorry for my vagueness I was only half listening to the man this morning, ultimately it prevents 2 cars crashing as the onboard computer takes over and the drunk driver doesnt need to drive.
Based on my experience of the flakiness of GPS equipment and satellite "visibility" I wouldn't want to trust such a system just yet.

Based on my experience of the flakiness of GPS equipment and satellite "visibility" I wouldn't want to trust such a system just yet.

I think such a system is the wrong approach, its like a safeguard which would nearly make it "ok" to drink and drink and a "shur, nobody can get hurt anymore" attitude.

If you are going to spend big money developing a system to counter drink driving then develop some sort of breathalyser built into the ignition so that the car cant be started if the driver is over the limit.

It would be a right pain to have to breathalyse yourself everytime so it would probably work if it prompted you randomly say once out of every 10 starts and insurance companies should offer a big discount for having a system like that installed.

A major flaw with that system though would be that you could get someone else to blow into the breathalyser.

A major flaw with that system though would be that you could get someone else to blow into the breathalyser.

Ah yeah. Fingerprint analysis to be included in version 2 of the system :)

The guy had a chance to take out Pat Kenny AND the whole You're A Star mob and all he did was ramble drunkenly!! What an opportunity missed to do the nation a MASSIVE favour !!!! ;)

The guy had a chance to take out Pat Kenny AND the whole You're A Star mob and all he did was ramble drunkenly!! What an opportunity missed to do the nation a MASSIVE favour !!!! ;)

I know. Brendan whats his face and Linda Martin gone for good. Ireland would become nice to live in again...

1. Breathalyser test.

2. Finger print scan.

3. Retina scan.

4. Then finally an in car urine sampler.
I think there was a device that measured alcohol through the sweat in one's palms. The device formed part of the steering wheel - so that the car wouldn't allow a drunk person to drive the car.

I think there was a device that measured alcohol through the sweat in one's palms. The device formed part of the steering wheel - so that the car wouldn't allow a drunk person to drive the car.

Wear gloves

Back