The good wife

DrMoriarty

An elderly man lay dying in his bed. While suffering the agonies of impending death, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favourite scones wafting up the stairs.

He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed. Leaning on the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and with even greater effort, gripping the railing with both hands, he crawled downstairs.

With laboured breath, he leaned against the door-frame, gazing into the kitchen. Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven, for there, spread out upon the kitchen table, were dozens upon dozens of his favourite scones.

Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of love from his devoted wife of sixty years, seeing to it that he left this world a happy man?

Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself towards the table, landing on his knees in a rumpled posture. His aged and withered hand reached, trembling, towards a scone at the edge of the table, when it was suddenly and brutally rapped across the knuckles with a wooden spoon...

‘Feck off,' said his wife, 'they're for the funeral.'

Ah I thought someone was going to tell me when the 2nd season of the Good Wife was coming back to RTE 2!!

Ah I thought someone was going to tell me when the 2nd season of the Good Wife was coming back to RTE 2!!

I'm watching the new season on More 4 and it's very good. Not sure if RTE 2 are showing it at some stage or not....

:D Reminds me of a joke I heard at the election. A Green candidate calls to a door to canvass, woman answers and tells the candidate her husband had just died. Canvasser sympathises profusely and tells the woman "sorry to bother you and if there's anything I can do just ask". The candiate walks away and the woman shouts after her; "Your from the Greens right? there is someone you can do luv, tell me which bin do I put the the old sod into, green, brown or black? ;)

Back