The Gasworks (South Lotts Road/Barrow Street) Dublin

Hey Ciaran, good response.

I must say however, that I find it absolutely pathetic that some residents have chosen to moderate out any negative sentiment expressed by their neighbours for fear of possibly damaging the complexs reputation, and dare I say it, resale value.

ciaran, thanks a lot for replying and for your time. as i mentioned previously, i obviously expect a certain amount of problems etc. as to be expected everywhere. it's just as i'm not from near the area, i wanted to get a few experiences of others and to hear how people found day-to-day living there, before laying down my (or more accurately, the bank's! :eek: ) hard-earned cash! i appreciate you taking the time to post here.

there does seem to be quite a few owner-occupiers there which is great and i definitely felt a good vibe round the apartments themselves. The construction seems lovely too. I was a bit concerned that the door to the william bligh building was wide open and i could walk right into a couple of empty apartments even though i didn't even live there! I guess this is just while building/viewings are still on etc? (hopefully! :))

one thing i would have concern over is how to get the removals van in and where to park it, given the lack of off street parking/communal parking. but surely with the amount of new people moving in, they allow for this somehow?

thanks again to everyone, i've gleaned a lot of positive info (and will hopefully have a nice shiny apartment soon!)

Sherlock is posting here now so why don't you ask Brendan or one of the moderators if we're one and the same? I'm sure they might oblige as it seems to be really bugging you over a long period of time now. I believe they can tell if the posts come from the same computer? Care to take a punt on what their answer would be? I'll bet no will be the answer...oh I forgot...!!! Bet the third one's confused you now hasn't it?:D

I don't think betting is allowed on AAM!

However, I am so confident that Sherlock on googleland and liteweight on AAM are the same woman that I would like to take you up on your offer to take a punt.

I will donate €500 to a charity of your choice if CiaranK on googleland and an AAM mod here confirm that the IP address of liteweight (AAM) and Sherlock (Googleland - not AAM) as used on 30/8/2006 are different.

If they have used the same IP address, then you donate €500 to a charity of my choice. How about it? :)

What is "bugging me" liteweight is that you posted about Gasworks here on 30/8 claiming to have a friend who lives in the development.
That night Sherlock signed up for googleland.ie (claiming to be an apartment owner) with an agenda to influence moderation so that any negative comments were locked down or removed. Virtual communities rely on the honesty and integrity of their members. I feel that this should be highlighted because deceit undermines the credibility of the rest of the community posting here.

Back