The first CD/cassette/record, etc you ever purchased?

Superhits '83 on casette. Twas before the "Now thats what I call music" craic started....

220px-Queen_News_Of_The_World.png

Still have it, too! :eek:

Queen: "News of the World" ! as well.

I think it's clearly established that, up to now, I have more service in than anyone!

*ahem*

First LP - Mud's Greatest Hits....(where's the blushing smilie!)

First single - David Essex: Hold me close

Then I discovered Queen, like the good DrM and aj....have almost all of their LPs on vinyl and give them a blast now and again!

I remember singing Boomtown Rats I don't like Mondays and Rhinestone Cowboy at the top of my voice whilst standing up with my head through the sunroof of my uncle's car, and the guards at Blanchardstown Station stopping us and cautioning a 4 year old! (They were the first ones bought for me)

Then I saved up the Kelloggs tokens for 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'

But the first single I bought was a-ha Take on Me, and album Hits 1. Still remember there was a mass exodus at lunchtime from school to the local record shop when Frankie Goes to Hollywood 'Relax' was issued.

Queen Greatest Hits two was my first ever cassette buy.

Need I say anything more?!

\m/

The Doors first album,The Doors,bought in a sale of work in 1980 for 60p,an album that I have replaced several times,never forget hearing it for the first time,pure rock and roll wall of sound.

Was only listening to it in the car yesterday,still as fresh as a daisy,a timeless classic.

220px-TheDoorsTheDoorsalbumcover.jpg

This thread has given me some good ideas for my neglected ipod over the christmas.

I remember 'I don't like Mondays' as the first current song I liked. I was a massive fan of Duran Duran.

I can't remember what album I bought first but remember loving an album /tape of Pat Benertar when I was about 17.

Top of the Pops and larry gogan announcing no. 1 on a Sunday was never missed.

I loved mixed taped and had loads with bits of adverts/DJ's coming in before I could hit stop. I did save one mixed which is in a box somewhere.

Rod Stewart's " Every picture tells a story " - great album.

One of the best , if not the best , blue eyed soul/rock singers ever , the first three albums were excellent & then we had the sad slide down - "do ya think I'm sexy " the American songbook & the current Christmas songs double cd.

All that & a succession of Miss Worlds , actresses & models , all blondes of course & of course enough money to bail out our banks - where did it all go wrong Rod ?

Back