The Ballad of Ronnie Drew // U2MIRACLE.COM: What an awful awful song.

Re: What an awful awful song.

I agree, awful song but I head Ronnie Drew on the radio saying that he liked it, he reckoned it was tongue in cheek!

I kinda like it... nice melody, good tempo, lyrically it's not the worst either... (aside from the "we love you" bits in the chorus!).

Some nice vocals from Shane & Bono too.

I'll definitely consider purchasing it - proceeds are going to a great cause too!

Ya - Bono wrote it i think ya?

Heard it on the radio yesterday.

I think it sounds 'tacky' if you know what I mean. If it was written for me I'd be a little embarrassed by it.

It has the format of a song that didn't take a whole pile of writing - perhaps a 10min job. Although the tune itself is ok, the lyrics are too simplified and it reminded me of the old songs like 'Grandad' from the 80s that those school choirs used to sing on TOTP.

at least its not sung by westlife ... :rolleyes:

Oh dear god that's horrendous !!!

At least it wasn't about the legend Luke Kelly...that would be sacrilege !

Couple of questions...how did they bribe Christy to sing in that dirge, and how can anyone say that Shane has 'nice vocals' ?

Not surprised BohNoh wrote it...it's about his standard of lyrical ability.

Sorry, I need to go hurl!!

I think that is some sort of musical joke going on there,It is some joke between them all. I really have to say that Andrea Corr is one beautiful looking woman.

:eek::eek::eek: Oh my god, to paraphrase John McEnroe "they caaannot be serious"

And I very much doubt it took ten minutes to write ..two maybe!

there are all on the late late tonight if you need a good shout at the telly.

Why shout at the poor auld telly when you can shoot the messenger. Surely he should be the focus of our collective angst and venom.

Can`t say the song was in any way good (Apart from the visual aesthetics of Ms Corr..), however I am a drinking buddy of Ronnies and the way he skipped into the local on saturday was as a direct result of the late late show the night before..
Has been thru a rough time of late, so any song, however bad, that puts him in good humour is to be commended.

Not surprised BohNoh wrote it...it's about his standard of lyrical ability

No douth about it, Edge is the songwriting talent in U2. Bono is highly overrated as a singer and songwriter, his huge ego just doesn't know it.

God knows what Gavin Friday adds to the track:rolleyes:

Back