Text speak (split from twitter thread)

horusd

Maybe I'm getting grumpy in my (too old for twitter)-age, but I find it really irritating the number of posters who have started putting @ in front of other posters names when replying. If you start a sentence with 'orka, I don't agree with you', I'll understand it's for me - no need for '@orka...' What does the @ add to anything outside of twitter?

Lol. Jst b gld ur nt rding txt spk n AAM! That's totally incomprehensible. My brother uses it all the time, takes me ages to work out what he is saying.

Olny srmat poelpe can.

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy.
It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
but the wrodas a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Lol. Jst b gld ur nt rding txt spk n AAM! That's totally incomprehensible. My brother uses it all the time, takes me ages to work out what he is saying. 05-02-2011 11:35 PM

I refuse to *******ize the English language :)

Olny srmat poelpe can.

Cmabrigde Uinervtisy.

I don't do anagrams any more. I prefer simple:p crosswords.
I

I refuse to *******ize the English language :)

What's with the asterisk *. If it's good enough for the Oxford English dictionary, It should be good enough for AAM:rolleyes:

What's with the asterisk *. If it's good enough for the Oxford English dictionary, It should be good enough for AAM:rolleyes:

...and what's with the American English spelling ('ize' instead of 'ise'), another annoying trait creeping in?!?!?:D

Olny srmat poelpe can.

Cmabrigde Uinervtisy.
It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,
but the wrodas a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Lol.I saw this test from Cambridge...fascinating. Horizon did a program a few months back on how adaptable our brains are. They has one blind guy who was able to cycle his bike around, and use a form of echo -location like a bat. Incredible stuff.

On the Americanization of words like color, honor, or "ises" instead of "izes", I really can't explain it, but these drive me nuts!

Back