Tesco Trolleys Electrifying

rustbucket

For the past couple of weeks I thought I might be turning into the flash. Although I soon figured out this is not the case as if anything I’m getting slower.

Since Tesco introduce these new theft proof trolleys with the red things on the wheels I’ve noticed I’ve been getting serious amount of static shocks, sometimes 15-30 each time I’m there.

I wondered at first was it just my local store but no. It’s happened elsewhere also.

They are more than just the normal static shocks they are pretty severe. Enough to make you jump back a bit. Makes you look like a total weirdo leaping backwards as you are lobbing a pack of rashers into yer trolley.

Anyone else affected or have I just got an electric personality ⚡

I used to get shocks the whole time from trolleys in Dunnes stores.
But that was years ago.
It could have been the floor covering that was on the floor. Or maybe what I was wearing on my feet.
I do shop occasionally in Tesco and I have used those new trolleys but haven't got shocked.

It's most likely as a result of low air humidity in the supermarket. Ask the manager to check if their Air Conditioning Humidifier is operating correctly.

I've noticed that the new black trolleys at local Dunnes' outlets have a little spring gizmo trailing along the ground near one of the axles. Some kind of static discharge thingy I'm guessing.

The other innovation at one shop, in particular, is you don't need coins to free the trolleys as they're not hooked up to each other. Free the trolleys, free the trolleys, free the trolleys!

I never get a shock from the trolley 's no matter what clothing I wear .
But always get shocks from the prices of goods , every time .

Il test that theory. Il go in the buff next week and report back. Although it might be from a jail cell…
Another option, but for which you’ll get similar looks unfortunately, is to jump off the ground and grab the trolley before you land. The static electricity will still discharge through you when you land, but you’ll have good contact with the trolley so there will be no arc (which causes the zap you feel) between the tip of your finger and the trolley.

Another option, but for which you’ll get similar looks unfortunately, is to jump off the ground and grab the trolley before you land. The static electricity will still discharge through you when you land, but you’ll have good contact with the trolley so there will be no arc (which causes the zap you feel) between the tip of your finger and the trolley.
I’d have to do this at least 30 times. It’s a shopping trip not a workout

Or you could use a basket and forget about jumping around the place . I used a trolly this morning without any shocks ...once again.

Back