Tesco credit card limits

car

Applied recently for a tesco credit card, sent out forms, indicative CC limit was 1500, I rang up to confirm what the actual limit would be and they said it would only be 2k based on details I had put in my application.

I had wanted to transfer in 5k from another CC and avail of the 0% bal transfer. I wouldnt have said my salary was small so I cant figure out why they have the limit so low, has anyone else applied and got something similar?

It's good to see banks being sensible in setting such limits, we don't want to return to excessive debt.

Tesco gave me a limit of 3750, too much in my opinion.

It's good to see banks being sensible in setting such limits, we don't want to return to excessive debt.

Good point. It is a lot worse in Australia though. I was there last year on a years working holiday visa. I was on around average industrial wage. I stated on the credit card application that my visa finished in about 8 months. They approved 10,000 dollar. Unbelievable. I accepted 3000.

Tesco gave me a limit of 3750, too much in my opinion.

sensible for who? excessive for who?

I had a large unforeseen expense last year that Id rather not have unlocked investments for, had no problem putting on the CC as I can pay it off fast, thats what its there for. Id rather pay it off with 0% bal transfer over next 5-6 months. Tesco saying 2k is your limit doesnt make sense in my case.

I too got approved with limit of €3750. I clear my card every month but also use it for all spending, with the over lap of spending - having up to nearly 2 months before bill is due, I don't find the limit adequate for my needs but hope for an increase once 12 months is up.

I have three credit cards -

my BOI one with limit of 17k (my day to day one - there's about 400 on it this month)

my AIB one (business expenses - comes out on DD) - limit 12k

my 'running away' MBNA one - limit 45k - nothing on it. I know people will think I'm nuts to pay the duty on it, but just in case things got in dire straits (I'm not earning what I used to, I keep it).

My mother transferred her balance to Tesco at 0% and paid it off - the interest on BOI was killing her.

I have a Tesco CC for 10 years, balance has always been paid off in full every month. In the early years my limit was increased on a few occasions without me requesting it until it got to €3200 before the credit crunch. No change since 2008. In December I accidentally exceeded the limit by a few hundred (I thought my card would have been turned down once it went over the limit). I phoned them to see if my limit could be increased and was told no. It seems they are being very conservative in their lending and I am not surprised they won't take large transfers.

I am surprised at your credit limits amtc. I'd be seriously considering running away if I were you!

Is anybody having trouble with the Tesco phone number 1800 555 743? When I call them from my mobile, I can get through, but the signal is poor here at the moment. If I call them from my work landline, I get some German/English voice message asking me what language I require, and I get stuck in automation hell. I've no idea who carries our outgoing phone traffic from work, but it seems to be going a bit mad.

Yes i have experienced the exact same problem ... looks like its that number that is the problem (1800555743). It might be a technical issue at their end?
Not working this morning either ...!!!

Yes i have experienced the exact same problem ... looks like its that number that is the problem (1800555743). It might be a technical issue at their end?
Not working this morning either ...!!!

Glad that it's not just me. Or else maybe you're a workmate???

I rang the UK number for Tesco Personal Finance and guy i spoke to said they have received a note about the Irish number having problems and that they were getting it sorted (Be interesting to see how long that takes).

Back