Tenant not paying Rent

Jildy

My Tenant has refused to pay rent this month. I have told her that if she doesn't pay by the 14th (due on 1st) that I will serve her with an eviction notice.
Now, she never signed a lease and she is only there since September. Every month the rent has been late so I finally got sick of it.

What rights does she have since she does not have a signed lease?

Can I move in 28 days after I serve her notice and move her stuff to the pavement and change the locks? If not, why not?

Thanks,
J

Hi Jildy,

Threads like yours are becoming more frequent. Something very similar happened to me and a lengthy thread was discussed in detail see here :

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=66919

(hope that link posted correctly)... Im not legally qualified to give you correct ins and outs but my own personal advise is to try and get the tenant out as soon as possible. Be nice but firm. Dont take abuse on the phone or face to face. Stay calm and hopefully it will all soon be over and done with. Dont strees about it. I did that and it got me nowhere looking back now.

Good luck. xx

My Tenant has refused to pay rent this month. I have told her that if she doesn't pay by the 14th (due on 1st) that I will serve her with an eviction notice.
Now, she never signed a lease and she is only there since September. Every month the rent has been late so I finally got sick of it.

Sounds like old tenant of mine, eventually got rid....it's very stressful to have to keep calling for rent & getting it in dribs & drabs. Definately suggest you give her notice 'cos if she is messing about with the rent so soon after moving in, it probably will just get worse.

can you get the guards involved in a case like that if they simply wont go?

can you get the guards involved in a case like that if they simply wont go?
The only way you can get the Gardai involved is if there is a personal safety issue - i.e. if the tenant has threatened the landlord and you are afraid that they might attack you when you call to the property.

The OP should have made sure she had signed a lease and that the tenancy was registered with the PRTB - it's as much for the landlord's protection as it is for the tenant.

There's a free lease agreement [broken link removed].

Back