Wrong forum Telecoms Contract Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spatenator

Hi all,

I switched my landline telecom company back in May having previously asked them when I'd be out of contract and able to do so. All went smoothly, they sent me a final bill listing a small termination fee and this was followed a little later on by a refund cheque to cover "partial charges", happy days. Today I received a bill from them looking for two months worth of charges off me. Puzzled, I rang up the customer care line assuming it was a clerical error (these things happen after all!). As it happens I was connected to the person who had originally dealt with terminating my contract and she informed me that she'd need to talk to her supervisor, but it looked like she made a mistake and had actually told me the wrong dates and she terminated my contract a month earlier than she should have. I was then told she'd call me back to see what was to be done about it but haven't heard yet.. I'd be very appreciative of any sound advice as to where I stand legally with this if they insist I owe them money. I have paperwork in my hand that shows I paid a "termination fee", the company ended my contract for me after telling me I was out of contract and everyone I dealt with in customer service at the time leading upto termination told me I was out of contract.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back