Technology and drunkenness

micmclo

A bad combination :(

Ever come home from the pub and post utter nonsense on this site or other sites?
Text or call your ex at 3am , tell them you still love them

Email something stupid and wake up in panic the next day, "did I realy do that?"
I've never used facebook but I'd imagine there is potential for mayhem

Might be a good idea to leave the mobile away when drinking.
"Don't drink and text"

Oh yes, yes I have.

Have texted nonsense and put nonsense on facebook. Had the good sense to delete the facebook nonsense the following morning when I saw it. It may or may not have involved the bank holiday weekend at the Galway races, a rather profitable wager and "tired and emotional" revelry.

The latest prank is if someone is foolish enough to leave their i phone on the table while popping out to the toilet/smoking area, get into their facebook and post a load of comments/rubbish on their wall.

Ciaraella, I was a victim of that a couple of months ago :( Some silly man in a pub took my phone when I wasn't looking and a few hours later it reappeared in my handbag. The next day I found out that the silly man had posted horrible stuff on my boyfriend's facebook page, of course boyfriend was bewildered thinking it was me who had posted the stuff, easily explained, the end. I'd hate to think what fights would be caused by that kind of childish behaviour, luckily my boyfriend is an understanding person and didn't read too much into it before speaking to me.

I've been known to do the whole drunk texting / calling, telling ex's I love them. It's embarrassing and shameful. Haven't done it in a long time though, thank God.

The latest prank is if someone is foolish enough to leave their i phone on the table while popping out to the toilet/smoking area, get into their facebook and post a load of comments/rubbish on their wall.

There is a rather offensive phrase for such behaviour which I have seen used on facebook but will not repeat. Well, I find it offfensive anyway.

I've seen a case of impersonation on facebook, all harmless enough I gather, basically 1 guy out of a few hundred never went on facebook so someone signed up as "him". Now all he need do is join himself and convince his friends to drop the impersonator.

But the lesson is, if you're holding out joining facebook might as well do it before someone does it on your behalf....

I know a few people who think this sort of prank is hilarious, so I have become paranoid about logging out of facebook.

BTW , To anyone who leaves their smart phone accessible to others in a pub, be thankful that all that happened was silly comments on your facebook page and dont come crying to me when its nicked.

BTW , To anyone who leaves their smart phone accessible to others in a pub, be thankful that all that happened was silly comments on your facebook page and dont come crying to me when its nicked.

Or has drink poured over it and leave it ruined.

There is a rather offensive phrase for such behaviour which I have seen used on facebook but will not repeat. Well, I find it offfensive anyway.

I know exactly the one you mean, very offensive and making light of the word.

that's horrendous pixiebean, all i've seen of it is friends messing in the pub, would hate to think a stranger was at my phone!
just shows the importance of logging out!!

PRANK?!

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately. Anyone who did that to me would be punched in the face several times. Seriously.

Firstly for doing it, secondly for having the cheek to nosey into my phone anyway.

Here's a trick - if going out for the evening, put your mobile phone text setting to the smallest font size possible. You will still be in contact but unable to read very much after a skinful, let alone reply to the text.

Changing the settings back to normal often requires more hand-eye coordination than can be mustered by the inibriated !

I know exactly the one you mean, very offensive and making light of the word.

that's horrendous pixiebean, all i've seen of it is friends messing in the pub, would hate to think a stranger was at my phone!
just shows the importance of logging out!!

Yeah. Said person went into my handbag to acquire my phone for the "prank".

No Facebook, no Twitter, no Bebo, no MySpace, no LinkedIn...Problem solved!

Before facebook you could apply to the French Foreign Legion or the British Army to wind up friends. Different media but same immature pranks.

I think Gmail has a 'drunk protect' feature that you can switch on. It does some mental agility tests before allowing you to send email.

I think Gmail has a 'drunk protect' feature that you can switch on. It does some mental agility tests before allowing you to send email.

What a great idea. Can just imagine the (probably) only dunce working in Google, after a night out on the sauce, coming up with that one!

Right I'm off to pitch a breathalyser app to Android and Apple. People with Blackberry's don't need it. Too sensible. ;)

Back