Taxi from Prague airport to hotel

tom3

We are travelling to Prague early Dec, we are due to arrive at airport at 7.30pm.Was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable taxi company as have heard plenty of stories of rogue taxi drivers in Prague. Dont really want to use public transport that late in the evening as we will have young children with us.

Many thanks

I can't speak for Prague, but I fly into Budapest a couple of times a year. There are plenty of hawkers looking for business. Our company usually arranges a taxi, but there is a taxi kiosk set up in the arrivals hall. if I was stuck, they would be my choice.... Never take an unsolicited cab ride.

Prague is a much bigger airport then Ferihegy, passed through it last week, if you don't get a response on the board, just go to information at the airport.

You are right to be concerned. I was advised to have the name of our hotel and and exact address typed out on a sheet of paper so you show it to driver. Ask the driver "how much?" and get him to write the amount on the piece of paper.

Genuine Prague taxi drivers are very aware of their poor reputation so a genuine driver won't be insulted by this request.

I was there 7 or 8 years ago and didn't have any problems with taxi drivers even though i was paranoid about them before I went there.

I would suggest contacting your hotel, and asking them to arrange a car to meet you. That way there is no messing, and you can be sure they know where your hotel is :)
Otherwise, I believe AAA are a reputable firm. It should cost you no more than about 600 crowns to the city centre.

You could use the Prague Airport Shuttle - I haven't used them in a few years but when I did I found them fantastic. English speaking drivers who will usually point out things of interest to visitors.

Have to second TreeTiger with regard to PRAGUE AIRPORT SHUTTLE, used them earlier this year and could not find fault,We were met at the airport and had a guy called Dave tell us some great do's and dont's for visitors to Prague whilst brining us to our hotel,and then 4 days later we were met at our hotel at agreed time for the return journey,all in all a very good service and have no worrys using these again, also the tram system is very good in the city and because of this we never had to use any other taxi's, Hope this is of help to you.

Was over in Prague last month, we used the yellow AAA taxis (as mentioned above) that have a stand right outside the airport door. Worked out about 6 euro each between 4 of us.

I've just returned from Prague and used Prague Airport Shuttle (they were suggested by someone on this forum). The company were excellent. They were there on time to collect us at the airport and again at the hotel. The driver didn't drive too fast! and she was very friendly. I would definitely recommend them. It cost 550 Kr each way, which is quite good, I believe.

Hi, I am the owner of Prague Airport Shuttle and I wanted to thank you all for the nice comments! Blossom, your driver was my wife Dana and I am pleased she didn't drive too fast!

Just back from trip to Prague, we used Prague Airport Shuttle to travel from the airport to the hotel and again on return journey.Again their service was excellent, giving us plenty info on what to do and more importantly what not to do!! Even showed us where the best hot-dog stand was, which went down very well with the kids! Thanks to Mike and Chris who helped make the trip a pleasant and enjoyable one.

Back