Taxation, limited company, spain

ccraig

My wife is taking on a small team of reps in Spain her business is not registered in Spain so they will not be direct employees

Does anyone have experience of that? I will enquire next week but interested to know what the tax implications will be on the 'contractors' as this would be a new way of working for them

It will all depend on what they are doing for her in Spain. You need to take professional advice.

By taking these people on, the Company could be creating a Branch or Permanent Establishment in Spain depending on different circumstances. She should really check this out.

If she is not creating a branch or permanent extablishment, then matters could be relatively straightforward.

www.taxingtimes.ie

Be very carefull regarding employees in spain. They have very tough labour laws and in general the hidden costs/rights of employees are far higher than in ireland. I have dealt with a spanish accountancy firm rose and clavel. Their website has fantastic information on dealing in spain and better still , one partner is english and chairwoman of the chamber of commerce and the other is spanish. The english partner (susana cerrano davey) was that honest and knowledgeable, that she persuaded me NOT to set up a business there.(primarily due to labour problems). As an accountant in practice myself, I can honestly say that she is one of the most impressive accountants and business advisors I have ever met.

Back