Tax Relief on Pension Contributions

Bedlam

Does anyone know if there is an upper Age Limit on the above. For example an 80 year old looking to retire now wanting to make a contribution?

Thanks

Bedlam

AFAIK there's no upper age limit, but totally open to correction.

The table that gives the % limits of income states that for people aged >60 the limit is 40% of Net Relevant Earnings. If there was an upper limit I imagine it would be specified... (i.e. it says 60 years and over, rather than 60 - 65, or 60 - 70.

75 is the cut off to obtain tax relief on penison contributions

There is no upper age limit on contributions, per se. However, one of the conditions for scheme approval is that benefits must be paid out before the contributor is 75, effectively putting an age limit on contributions at 75.

There is no upper age limit on contributions, per se. However, one of the conditions for scheme approval is that benefits must be paid out before the contributor is 75, effectively putting an age limit on contributions at 75.

Yes that makes sense alright, and I did consider that likely, but pensions wouldn't be my area so I approached it purely from the tax relief side... :)

Yes that makes sense alright, and I did consider that likely, but pensions wouldn't be my area so I approached it purely from the tax relief side... :)

Not my area either but curiosity (and Friday afternoon) got the better of me.

Back