TAX back

Lilly2099

Hi There

Please excuse my ignorance on the following, but I have been told by a colleague, that if an employee pays less in PAYE, than the standard tax cut off band say eg €1830 you are entitled to tax back for the taxes you have paid please can anyone clarify or explain this as Im very confused.

Thanks

1830 is not a band; it's a credit--

you might be due tax back depending on your circumstances -- - If you can tell us your gross pay, your tax credits and the paye you paid someone will calculate it for you;

or just ring the tax office

I was working from Jan - Aug for an ex employer. I was unpaid sick leave with them from May - Aug in my final paycheque I recieved holiday pay and a sum of tax refund €400. My salary with this employer was 30,500. In my new role i started in September 2010 my salary is 20k YTD accourding to my Dec payslip I have paid €1333 in PAYE with total gross pay YTD od 23200. Is there any other information that I would need to assist in calcuations?

without knowing the paye paid on your fist role it can not be calculated but if you wait until january when you get your p60 it will be easy for you to check it then. --if you have all your info just use one of the online tax calculators

Back