Taps in Hot Press

dewdrop

I am totally ignorant re the most basic plumbing. I had difficulty in turning off the hot water tap downstairs. Probably in my anxiety i was turning it the wrong way!. I eventually got it closed but meanwhile i went upstairs and turned off two taps there in the hope this would stop the flow. My query is should these taps be always in the open position unless you wanted to have them closed for some reason.

the taps in the hotpress are probably for the cylinder and the emersion tank..well im guessing as i haven't looked at it..but i would leave them in the original position as you found them...

My problem is i dont remember what position they were in because of anxiety to stop the flow downstairs. I have left both in the open position and so far no adverse results!

Is one of these taps on a pipe feeding the bottom of the cylinder? if so, leave it fully open, that's the feed from the tank in the attic.

The other one is probably on one of two pipes coming out perpendicularly from the cylinder, slightly higher up, this is the tap that controls the flow from your heating system through the coil within the cylinder. This should also be open.
Leo

If you want to know whether something is closed or open remember

righty tighty
lefty loosey

:)

Back