Syncing Hotmail calendar to Android Phone

Passport1

HI
I have Samsung Galaxy A3 running Android OS
I have Microsoft Outlook app installed and am using it to sync to my hotmail
My emails and contacts are syncing. Email sync happens automatically each time I open the Outlook app and I have contacts sync disabled but sync it manually myself via Settings

My calendar is not syncing in sense that i not getting pop up reminders on the phone for appointments in my calendar even though i have set the Reminder option when i created them in hotmail on laptop
Any thoughts re what i need to do to enable this or is this possible?
Thanks

Thanks peteb for the reply
I tried the steps as per the help topic on support.office.com and I am setup correctly
On the phone I have in the Outlook for Android app in the calendar section in the setting section have set calander to notify me 1 hour before the event and 1 week notification before an all day event
I have set the sound option on and also the vibrate option
However I am not getting either email reminders or pop up reminders on my android phone in advance of the calendar event/appointment even though I have set notification options on
I used to have a Windows Phone and I used to get pop up reminders on the phone for appointment in my Hotmail calendar
Am I still doing something wrong or is this not supported on Outlook for Android on Android Phone
My phonies a Samsung Galaxy A3 running Android version 5.0.2
Thanks

i don't know too much about Outlook on android. I'm a big fan of using google products so have gmail and then use a calendar on my phone. I just have my calendar sync with my gmail account. I suspect outlook works much better on a microsoft phone than a third party operating system.

Back