Switching Mortgages

J

JimClare

Hi I have an existing house mortgage with EBS and i am paying 5% interest. I approached Halifax and they have told me that

"The Tracker rate for LTV less than 50% is 3.75% for the first year, and a goto rate of 4.65% (APR 4.64%) for the remaining term. "

obviously i will be better off with these but now EBS have come back and told me that they will offer me a mortgage which is 1% above tracker. Is it worth the effort of changing over for a 140,000 mortgage or what is the difference in pounds shilling and pence (or Euro Equivalent)

Hi I have an existing house mortgage with EBS and i am paying 5% interest. I approached Halifax and they have told me that

"The Tracker rate for LTV less than 50% is 3.75% for the first year, and a goto rate of 4.65% (APR 4.64%) for the remaining term. "

obviously i will be better off with these but now EBS have come back and told me that they will offer me a mortgage which is 1% above tracker. Is it worth the effort of changing over for a 140,000 mortgage or what is the difference in pounds shilling and pence (or Euro Equivalent)

Why not shop around all the banks? I'm assuming your mortgage is less than 50% LTV. Why not go to NIB and you'll get a rate of 4.25% (.5% above ECB)? Or go to a broker...just remember NIB do not deal with brokers so you will not be offered their products which are the cheapest.
I'm not connected, just switched to them myself.

Back